Have you got a new iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro? Passing the data from one to another is very simple and fast. Gone are the days when it was torture to have to resort to iTunes and, on many occasions, also lose Health data. iOS 16 and earlier systems have a very easy method to pass data without losing anything.
You can also transfer your Apple Watch connection without losing the day’s data or having to pair and unpair the watch from your old iPhone. Keep in mind that for everything to work smoothly, all devices must be updated to the latest version.
Yes, it is recommended. have an iCloud backup in case the process stops in the middle or a problem arises, although it is not entirely mandatory.
How to transfer data to new iPhone
To transfer data and Apple Watch from one iPhone to another, you just have to follow a very simple process. Keep in mind that for this the new iPhone has to be unused, that is, it does not have to have completed the initial process of boarding.
The transfer process is similar to other devices, such as Apple TV, and in just a few minutes (depending on your data) the new iPhone will be exactly the same as the old one. In addition, you also have to know that the transfer system occurs on both devicesso make sure to start the process at a time when you don’t need to use iPhones.
To start it, turn on the new iPhone and bring it closer to the unlocked old iPhone. A process called Quick Start will start (quick start) that will transfer the data automatically, with our Apple ID and iPhone information. Once accepted, you just have to follow the steps indicated by the wizard:
- Wait for an animation to appear on the new device. Hold the current device over the new device, then center the animation in the viewfinder using the camera (same process as setting up Apple Watch).
- Wait for the message to appear End up on the new iPhone.
- When prompted, enter the passcode from the old iPhone on the new device and set up Face ID or Touch ID on the new device.
- Once the security system is configured, it will offer us the option Transfer data from. Tap Continue to start transferring the data from the old device to the new one. And wait for the process to finish.
How to transfer Apple Watch
If you have an Apple Watch, during the transfer process the new iPhone will ask if you want to transfer it. You just have to accept and the watch will emit a vibration, it will ask you for the unlock code. Once entered, the transfer will start and in a few minutes you will be ready to use it again. Keep in mind that to transfer a Watch you must meet the following requirements:
- That the Apple Watch is linked to your Apple ID and password (so you can turn off the activation lock).
- Both the old and new iPhones are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Both devices, Apple Watch and iPhone, must have at least 50% battery.
- That the Apple Watch is protected by a code.
However, if iPhone doesn’t ask you to start the watch transfer, you can still set up Apple Watch manually after all data has been transferred.