During Apple’s “Far Out” event, those from Cupertino not only presented their new iPhone 14 and 14 Pro or the Apple Watch Ultra. In addition, they also took advantage of the presentation to announce the release date of iOS 16.
today finally we know that iOS 16 will be available on September 12. Starting on that day, all compatible devices will be able to download and install the new version. It will not only allow you to enjoy improved security and privacy on your iPhone, but also take advantage of all the new features that iOS 16 has in store for you.
Of course, depending on which iPhone device you have, you may not see some main features of iOS 16. In any case, it is always recommended to install the latest version available to have all the latest security patches. For this, we tell you how to install iOS 16 on your iPhone in a few steps. Consider that the Golden Master version is already available and you can download it from today.
How to install iOS 16
Updating your iPhone to iOS 16 is very simple, especially if you do it directly from your device. To enjoy the latest version, you will have to do the following.
- Open the menu of Settings of your iPhone.
- Scroll through the menu and enter the section General.
- Choose Software update at the top of this menu.
- Later, you will see how your iPhone begins to search for the new version.
When you have finished searching, tap on Download and Install, just below the text that explains what’s new in iOS 16. After pressing it, your iPhone will ask for your unlock code; enter it and finish the process.
Once the update begins to download, all you have to do is wait. Depending on your connection, this time could vary from a few minutes to several hours. In any case, your iPhone will notify you when it’s ready to install the update. Once finished, it will restart a few times, until presenting the new iOS 16 screen on your iPhone.
Update your iPhone from your computer
Before beginning this procedure, We recommend you make a backup of all the data on your iPhone. If you have a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, you can do this from the Finder. If you have Windows or an earlier version of macOS, you can go to the iTunes app and perform the procedure from there.
- From your computer, open iTunes or Finder, depending on your case.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the Lightning cable.
- Enter the device from iTunes or Finder, and look for the section General.
- you will see the button Check for update. When the computer finds it, it will give you the option to download.
- tap on Download and update. Then follow the instructions on the screen and, if necessary, enter the code from your iPhone.
Do not disconnect your iPhone until the process is completely finished. As with the steps above, this could take anywhere from several minutes to several hours.
Note that iOS 16 will be released this coming September 12, 2022. If you do the procedure from today after having installed the beta for developers, you will download the Golden Master version (Release Candidate), which will most likely be the one that will see the light for the rest of the users on the indicated date.