The Spanish Agency for Food Safety and Nutrition (Aesan) has notified an alert transferred by the health authorities of the Autonomous Community of Aragon regarding the presence of Salmonella in some minced poultry meat burgers (Burguer Meat de Pollo-Turkey) marketed in LIDL supermarkets.
The data of the product involved are:
- Product name on the label: BURGUER MEAT CHICKEN – TURKEY
- RGSEAA No.: 10.027476/Z
- Appearance of the product and type of packaging: Plastic tray
- Batch number: 3369
- Expiration date: 03.06.22
- Unit weight: 500g.
- Temperature: refrigerated.
According to the Aesan, this information has been transferred to the competent authorities of the autonomous communities through the Coordinated System for the Rapid Exchange of Information (SCIRI) in order to verify the withdrawal of the affected products from the marketing channels.
With the information available, there is no record in Spain of any reported case associated with this alert. But, as a precautionary measure, it is recommended that people have the products indicated above in their homes, refrain from consuming them and return them to the points of sale.
In the case of having consumed these products and presenting symptoms compatible with salmonellosis (mainly diarrhea and/or vomiting accompanied by fever and headache), it is recommended to go to a health center.
bacteria of the genus Salmonella produce one of the most common and widespread foodborne diseases: salmonellosis. It is generally characterized by the sudden onset of fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, myalgia, and other systemic symptoms.
In most cases, the symptoms of salmonellosis are relatively mild and patients recover without specific treatment. However, in some cases, particularly in young children and the elderly, the dehydration caused by the disease can be severe and life-threatening.
In DAP | Tips for keeping our cookouts food safe
In DAP | Eating safe and healthy, according to Beatriz Robles: “There are more pathogens in the kitchen than in the toilet”