As for 8 years, Expansión and the Schulich School of Business are looking for companies that have adopted and actively promote the ESG pillars (environmental, social and corporate governance) in their operations, to be part of the Responsible Companies special.
The 2022 edition of this ranking will be published in the edition of october of Expansion magazine.
- All Mexican or foreign companies participate for profit with a turnover in the country of more than 1,000 million pesos a year.
- The shared information will be used EXCLUSIVELY for methodological purposes, it will not be published.
- To participate it is very important that you answer the online questionnaire. If you don’t, you run the risk that the company won’t be included.
- IMPORTANT: The platform does not allow you to save the process or make changes once the questionnaire is completed. Here you can download it:
- To download the questionnaire, follow the next route: In the top menu go to File > Download > Select format > Word.
- Participation has no cost or link to the consumption or purchase of any Grupo Expansión product or service.
- The deadline to participate is June 24, 2022.
Schulich School of Business performs the evaluation and builds an index based on the following aspects:
Economic measures (40%): This category records data related to good corporate governance, salaries and compensation, taxes, ethics and compliance with regulations and a category that we have called ‘long-term capitalism’ has a weight of 40%, because it analyzes various measures used by companies to align their financial performance with long-term goals and objectives, which is the essence of sustainability.
Social measures (30%): Diversity, employment practices and policies, health and safety, and social responsibility are measured.
Environmental measures (30%): Five key indicators are analyzed: waste production, water use, energy use, greenhouse gas emissions and use of renewable energies.
Differentiators: It is important to note that quantitative measures are used wherever possible, but in certain circumstances industry benchmarks are applied, in areas such as carbon emissions or workplace accidents, to avoid disadvantages for companies operating in particular industries, such as mining or energy.
If you have questions or comments, write to: Inteligente@grupoexpansion.com