If you want to know how to use Google Lens, you have come to the right place. This is the new Google application that began as exclusive to Pixel phones and can now be used on various phones with the Android operating system.
This function, integrated into Google Photos, works by analyzing the images to have more information about them. Like the objects that appear in it, the monuments or buildings, people, animals and even the words that are in the photograph.
A very simple example could be taking a photo of a dog and analyzing its breed from Google Lens. Or photograph a business card and, with the help of this tool, locate the address or the person to which it belongs.
Get started with Google Lens
Logically, to start using Google Lens download and install Google Lens on any Android mobile phone. To activate it, your phone must be set to the English language. You change this in Settings> Language Preferences> Language.
There you select the English language as the main one. Your phone will automatically display in English. If you do not change the language of your mobile as easy as syncing Google Photos by charging the mobile, Google Lens will not work correctly.
After you have done this, go to the Google Photos application. To check if you have the Google Lens application active, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Open a photo from your gallery in Google Photos. It can be any photograph, you choose the one you like the most.
- At the bottom of the screen, locate a square-shaped icon with a dot in the middle and a smaller one in the lower right corner, among the different options.
- Once you have it located, press it. Google Lens will begin to analyze the selected image and offer you information about it. It is recurring that this application is compared to Shazam. Well, they work in a similar way, one searches for information about specific songs just by listening to it, and the other collects information from the image as just seeing it.
Use Google Lens to analyze your surroundings
By finally understanding what the Google Lens application is, what it is for and how it works, you will be able to use it without problems for whatever the program allows.
To obtain information about the things that surround you with the help of Google Lens, you must follow the following steps. Too easy.
- Activate the Google Assistant with the voice command “ Ok Google”. It is easy and very fast, do this step now.
- There you will see the Google Lens icon in the lower right, click on it.
- On some phones and Pixels, another way to activate Google Lens is through the camera. The application icon should appear in the options. If you don’t see the app icon, you won’t be able to use Google Lens to get information about your surroundings.
- When you have Google Lens activated, point the camera at the object you want to analyze. Here you will start to process everything you need to do. On the screen of your mobile select the object. If it’s a word, press once to select it and then adjust the blue dots.
- Press the ” Talk ” option. Now, wait to continue with the process. Read below. Say what you want to know about that object. This is great because you can learn very cool secrets: What is this? How tall is it? Add to Google Keep. You will be able to know a lot of secrets. It is super fun!
Things to improve in Google Lens
This is a new app, so it is still in its infancy. Therefore, it is normal that on certain occasions it does not correctly analyze an image, or the information it provides is not completely accurate.
Likewise, it is not yet compatible with all phones on the market, if this is your case, be patient. Over time, the algorithm will begin to improve and become available for a greater number of devices.