As is every year, people in Colombia They remain awaiting the dates of the holidays to schedule your next vacation. during these rest days and holidays, people often take advantage of family outings or even travel abroad. In this note, detailed information will be provided on non-working days in May and in the rest of the year 2023. Pay attention!
Most months of the year have two days of celebration, which represents an excellent opportunity to enjoy a well-deserved break from work or studies. During the year 2023, some of these holidays will be celebrated on their original date, while others will be moved to Monday to comply with the corresponding regulations.
According to the official Colombian calendar, a total of 13 holidays are expected to take place on Monday. It is important to note that the only months of the year that do not have official holidays are February and September. However, the largest number of holidays will be concentrated in April, coinciding with the celebration of Holy Week.
Public holidays and holidays in Colombia 2023
- Sunday January 1: New Year
- Monday January 9: Three Kings Day
- Monday March 20: St. Joseph’s Day
- Sunday April 2: Palm Sunday
- Thursday April 6: Holy Thursday
- Friday April 7: Holy Friday
- Sunday April 9: Easter Sunday
- Monday May 1: Workday
- Monday May 22: ascension day
- Monday June 12: Corpus Christi
- Monday June 19: Sacred heart
- Monday July 3: Saint Peter and Saint Paul
- Thursday July 20: Independence Day
- Monday August 7: Boyaca’s battle
- Monday August 21: the assumption of the virgin
- Monday October 16: Day of race
- Monday, November 6: All Saints
- Monday November 13: Independence of Cartagena
- Friday December 8: Immaculate Conception’s Day
- Monday December 25: Christmas day
How many bridges will the year 2023 have?
Only the months of February and September will not have official holidays. The largest number of festivities will be concentrated in April, during Holy Week, which makes it one of the most important rest periods in 2023. However, July will also have public holidays for many citizens, so it will not be the only month with days off.
What to do if I work on holidays?
Law 51 of 1983 determines that both public and private sector employees have the right to “paid rest” during official holidays. In accordance with article 179 of the Substantive Labor Code, workers have the obligation to receive an additional payment of 75% for holidays and Sundays worked.
Recommendations for holidays
If you have plans to travel, it is essential that you plan in advance the destinations you want to visit and look for accommodation options. It is important to note that during the holidays, many people also plan their trips, so patience is required. Also, if you consider traveling abroad, you can also enjoy the beauty and charm of the picturesque towns of Colombia.