the reason why Instagram for medical practices is so important? There are your patients, and they are already looking for you. Why not meet them?
More than 200 million people visit at least one Instagram business profile every day. Instagram has one billion monthly users and these users trust the content of their friends. Instagram for medical practices builds a community and develops relationships.
These relationships count. Having more connections online increases your authority, gives your practice credibility, and organically increases your online presence.
Another advantage of using Instagram for medical practices? The direct link to Facebook. Facebook has two and a half billion daily users spanning the broadest demographic of any social media platform. It’s easy to link your Instagram business account to your Facebook Page for seamless posting to both places.
Here’s how to do it right.
1. Don’t make it personal
There is a difference between a personal Instagram account and a business account. Using Instagram for medical practices means creating a separate business account from your personal account.
Why? business accounts:
- With 10,000 or more followers, you can add a “swipe up” feature to go directly to a website
- Have an analytics to see which posts are working (and which ones need help)
- You can “boost” a post to reach specific accounts
- Get a “contact” button on your profile
- Save vacation snapshots and food photos for your personal account and keep all the business for your medical practice.
2. Create a doctor profile on Instagram
At a minimum, make sure your Instagram business profile has hours, locations, and contact information (set up that “contact” button!). Include any brand graphics in the photo and quickly list specialties or practice areas.
Other smart things to include in your profile:
- Your website (the only place to link to a website on Instagram)
- An address (which links to a map when you click on it)
- a slogan
- brand hashtags
- business category
- Essentially, your profile is the first impression of your practice. Make sure it accurately reflects your practice and the services you offer.
3. Find out which Instagram health posts resonate
Instagram for medical practices is most effective when you take advantage of what a business account has to offer in terms of post information.
You can access the information in two ways: from the company profile page and from each individual post.
Over time, track which posts perform best in terms of reach and engagement. Then take the time to figure out what the ideas really mean (and what to do with them).
4. Find Inspiration With Healthcare Instagram Post Ideas
Your account is set up, your profile looks great, and you’re engaged in analytics. But what are the best things to post on Instagram for medical professionals?
This will vary, depending on the tone and style of your practice. Consider some of the following ideas:
- informative videos
- Before and after photos (with the corresponding permissions)
- Posts from the day in the life of your team
- Inspirational stories and quotes
- Commentary on health-related news
- Updates on relevant research
- Quick tips for health and wellness
Instagram users are generally looking for a more casual tone, but you can still be professional. Other post ideas include encouraging messages, standard “meet the team” posts, invitations to events, or posts about engaging your community.
5. Compile Ideas for Instagram Captions for Doctors
Lastly, Instagram captions for doctors can include everything from research updates to funny stories from clinic staff.
You should not post images, names, or patient stories without permission, and keep captions very personal on your page.