The Secretary of Culture announced the launch of a new open television channel dedicated to Mexican cinema. channel signal MX Our Cinema It will focus on disseminating Mexican cinematographic works or co-produced in Ibero-America, as well as other films of cultural interest. The idea is to encourage viewers to reflect on the vastness of Mexican cinema and the filmmakers who make this country’s cinema something much more diverse than what is initially believed from a commercial perspective.
Mx Our Cinema arises through uA collaboration between Channel 22 and the Mexican Institute of Cinematography (Imcine). Described as a «tool that enables access to programming that shows contexts and panoramas of national cinema in all its diversity. Both classic and contemporary.
Therefore the channel will have within its programming diverse and interesting sections. All of them enriched with the collaboration, exchange and acquisition of audiovisuals with public institutions, social organizations and other individuals.
Sections of Mx Our Cinema
- From other latitudes: It will present films made from Latin America.
- From the UNAM Film Library: Composed of tapes that the institution restores and preserves in its archive, and the Bergman Chair.
- Experimental Practice and International Short Film Competition: A section presented by the UNAM Film Library and DocsMX.
- midnight show: Composed of films with classification C and D.
- FilminLatino presents: A bit of the platform’s catalogue, mostly independent productions that found no distribution.
- It’s up to you: In this section, the public chooses the film of the week from different titles.
- Dreamcatcher: the diversity of our cinema: This space is a window to the voices and perspectives that make up contemporary Mexican cinema.
- Cinefilitxs: cinema to imagine: A space for children to get closer to national productions.
Mx Nuestro Cine will have several special programs that will review the film culture of Mexico. In others, various audiovisuals will be analyzed and exclusive interviews will be presented, prior to the special functions.
- Short I love you short: Its purpose will be to disseminate both the work of young filmmakers and that of experienced directors.
- Cinema 22: An interview program in which Roberto Fiesco talks with the makers of important films that will be broadcast on Sundays, prior to the stellar function.
- Marquee 22: Hosted by the journalist Julio López, it is a space dedicated to the world of cinematography in which interviews, critics and news related to the seventh art are presented.
- Those who made our cinema: A journey through the development of national cinema, under the direction of the filmmaker and current head of the Cineteca Nacional, Alejandro Pelayo Rangel, which addresses those iconic Mexican jewels from the 30s to the 70s.
- Those who make our cinema: The program that, through 13 interviews, will take a tour of national cinema from the year 2000 to the present and will show the work of the personalities that build Mexican cinema in the 21st century.
Where to see Mx Our Cinema
Mx Nuestro Cine will be available on open television in Mexico City and the Metropolitan Area in the channel 22.2. As well as in the following cable systems:
- Sky 1278HD/265SD
- izzy 481 SD
- total play 143 SD
- megacable 125SD
- dishes 304 SD
From when will Mx Nuestro Cine be available on television?
The new television channel dedicated to Mexican cinema will begin broadcasting on Monday, November 28.
Luis Angel H. Mora My most stable relationship is with the movies, parties and music. I love writing about cinema, meeting new people and sharing ideas. Idealistic in every way, I guess that’s my Ascendant Aquarian trait.