WhatsApplike many other applications that use multimedia content, saves absolutely everything you see and download in the files of your phone, so there are usually ways to get photos, videos, audios and even statuses that you saw at some point and today we tell you how to save the states of your contacts in a few steps.
WhatsApp contacts are about to change drastically, it was recently revealed that the Meta app plans to remove the status tab to be supplanted with a space dedicated to new “communities”, this will cause the statuses to move to the profile photos of your contacts in your chat list, more like how Instagram works.
Follow these steps to be able to save the WhatsApp statuses of your contacts before they are deleted
The appearance of the WhatsApp status function generated enormous controversy at first, as many saw it as a simple copy of Instagram, but finally the possibility of temporarily sharing images and videos ended up penetrating the hundreds of millions of users. that currently has the app.
To be able to get and save the statuses, you need to know that, due to how this function behaves, the statuses are deleted from your device’s memory when exactly 24 hours have elapsed since their publication, leaving you without the possibility of seeing them again, so this procedure must be carried out while you still have time to see them, for this, here are the steps:
– First you must go to the file explorer that comes by default on your device, this method does not work with third-party applications.
– You should look in the settings and make sure to activate the option to see hidden files
– Next, you must go to the WhatsApp folder, and then enter the Media subfolder, where all the videos and images are saved
– Here you will find a hidden folder called “.Status”, in it not only the statuses of your contacts but also yours are saved
– In order to save them, you must select the ones you want and copy them, and then paste them in the folder you want, preferably the gallery folder
And that’s it! Just by following these steps you can enjoy the status of your contacts forever.