Alone in the Dark returns with a new proposal of psychological terror.
Just a few days ago, our favorite filter, The Snitch, returned to the networks to anticipate what seemed like the announcement of a new Alone in the Dark. At the moment this new game in the series has not yet been made official, although everything indicates that it will be announced shortly by THQ Nordic, and already The first details of the game would have been leaked.
From what the leaked information seems to indicate, it would be a Alone in the Dark reboot with a new independent story of the previous games of the series. THQ Nordic defines the game as “a love letter to the cult game of the 90s” through a history of psychological horror set in a dream gothic art mansion.
The return of a classic of the horror genre
“Psychological horror and southern gothic go hand in hand in this remake of the classic survival-horror Alone in the Dark. This love letter to the cult game of the 90s will have you live a story as sinister as it is memorable through the eyes of one of the two protagonists. As Edward Carnby or Emily Hartwood, he explores the various environments, fights monsters, solves puzzles, and discovers the terrible truth about Derceto’s mansion… In the American South during the 1920s, Emily Hartwood’s uncle He disappeared. Accompanied by private detective Edward Carnby, she goes looking for her at Derceto’s mansion, a psychiatric asylum where she lurks… Something. you will meet strange occupants, nightmare realms, dangerous monsters and you will lift the veil on an evil conspiracy. At the confluence of reality, mystery and madness, the adventure that awaits you can undermine your certainties. Who are you going to trust, what are you going to believe and what are you going to do next?
* Explore Derceto’s mansion in this remake of Alone in the Dark, a true love letter to the ’90s horror classic.
* Go back to the roots of psychological horror for an atmospheric adventure worthy of the game that founded the genre.
* Immerse yourself in a world dotted with sounds that will give you goosebumps against a background of doom jazz as memorable as it is hypnotic.
* Feel the adrenaline rush as you desperately try to survive in a world where reality begins to unravel, evil lurks in every shadow, and ammo is in short supply.
* Experience this nightmare from the perspective of Emily Hartwood or Edward Carnby and discover the dark secrets of a gothic mansion.
* Go beyond imagination through a complex psychological story written by cult screenwriter Mikael Hedberg, author of SOMA and Amnesia.
At the moment there are not many more details of the game, as possible release date or platforms, so we will have to wait for an official announcement from THQ Nordic. Something that would happen in the next few hours, during the celebration of their annual event.