- For the fifth consecutive year, the World’s Best Hospitals ranking was presented, offering an overview of world health.
- To obtain the results, more than 2,000 hospitals from 28 different countries were analyzed.
- The first positions in the ranking with the best public hospitals in Mexico are for the IMSS.
The most recent ranking with the names of the best public hospitals in Mexico has just been published. It is a work that is carried out every year to know the sanitary conditions within each country and also at an international level. One of the objectives is to know the institutions with the most outstanding performance in patient care. Do you know who make up the first places?
The world after the pandemic
First of all, it is necessary to talk about Current state of the healthcare industry in the world. The Covid-19 pandemic revealed that there is a lot of work to be done. The results showed that the majority of countries were not prepared to face such a large emergency of this type.
Beyond the investment that each nation focuses on this sector, the other problem is the shortage of doctors. Around this topic, the World Economic Forum (WEF) carried out in January of this 2023 presented the results of the investigation Why is the world now facing a medical recruitment crisis?
What he mentions is that the pandemic complicated the work of health professionals. As of 2020 there was an increase in the levels of Burnout syndrome within this sector. As a consequence, a loss of passion was generated within the people in charge of caring for the patients.
The most alarming point of the work is that it ensures that if the trend continues then by 2030 there will be a deficit of 10 million doctors worldwide.
On the other hand, now is the time to know the positive aspect of this industry. With this in mind, since 2019 Newsweek magazine and the Statista database have carried out an analysis of more than two thousand hospitals from more than twenty nations. The most recent edition of the research is the ranking World’s Best Hospitals 2023.
The best public hospitals in Mexico
Something very important is that when selecting our country you can see those that are considered the 10 best public hospitals in Mexico.
In this sense, the first two positions are for the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS) with the Siglo XXI National Medical Center and La Raza National Medical Center, respectively. Both are located in CDMX and are benchmarks both in patient care and in the training of health professionals.
For its part, third place goes to Civil Hospital of Guadalajara “Juan I. Menchaca”. In this case, it is part of the Institute of Health for Well-being (Insabi) and is focused on all people who lack social security and cannot pay for private services.
While the fourth position is occupied by the General Hospital “Dr. Manuel Gea González” of Mexico City and belongs to the Ministry of Health (SSa). As part of his work, in 2022 he offered 242,000 consultations and 24,000 rehabilitation sessions.
While fifth place went to the General Hospital of Mexico “Dr. Eduardo Liceaga” of the CDMX that is also part of the SSa. In his case, it also stands out for its extensive history because it was inaugurated in 1905. Since then it has faced pandemics, world wars, economic crises, earthquakes and all kinds of adversity, although it has never stopped providing service.
Criteria for choosing the best private hospitals in Mexico
- Online survey with experts (doctors, hospital directors, health professionals). We asked participants to recommend hospitals. We limit the possibility of bias by excluding recommendations for employers/workplaces.
- Results of patient experience surveys. In order to determine the patient experience, we use data from existing public surveys. In general terms, insurers conduct these surveys at the end of the hospital stay. Among the topics analyzed are: satisfaction with the hospital, hospital recommendation and satisfaction with medical care.
- Key Medical Performance Indicators (KPIs) for hospitals (for example, data on quality of treatment and hygiene measures). We collect KPIs from various public sources. The information analyzed included data on the quality of care for specific treatments, patient hygiene and safety measures, as well as data on the number of patients per doctor and per nurse.
For now, if you want to know the complete list with the 10 Best Public Hospitals in Mexico You can review the graphic located at the top.
4 health insurance agency trends for 2023
Bad news: The world could suffer a deficit of 10 million doctors
Ranking with the best private hospitals in Mexico (2023 edition)