Know all the information we have for you. Without a doubt, USA It has become one of the favorite destinations to live for foreigners who seek a better quality of life far from their homeland, in addition to being able to work, study and all that legally, becoming US citizenthis process is not an easy task to carry out, therefore, in the following lines we will tell you the steps that you must follow for the naturalization in the USA for this year 2023.
In addition, you will know the requirements that you must meet and other important details. Well, it is important to note that naturalization is the process by which US citizenship is granted to a person from abroad after they have met a series of requirements. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) confirmed that there are more places in 2023. Keep reading.
How much does Naturalization cost in the USA?
The filing fee is $640, but an additional $85 must be added for biometric services, for a total of $725.
If you file Form N-400 online, you can pay your fee online. If you file your Form N-400 by mail (paper), you can pay the fee by money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or credit card along with Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions . Also, if you pay by check, you must make it payable to the US Department of Homeland Security.
How long does the naturalization process take in the USA?
While the USCIS processing time for the naturalization form is approximately 6 months, however, the entire process of applying for naturalization and becoming a US citizen will take more than 6 months.
What is needed for naturalization in the USA (requirements)?
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Demonstrate that you have lived permanently in the USA for at least five years.
- Show that you have been physically in the United States for at least 30 months out of five years.
- Show that you have lived for three months in a state or USCIS district that has jurisdiction.
- If you are a student financially dependent on your parents, you can apply where the school is located.
- Demonstrate adherence to the principles of the Political Constitution of the United States.
- Be able to read, write and speak basic English.
- Have knowledge of the history and principles of the United States.
- Lastly, submit the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States.
How and where to present the naturalization?
Naturalization is done through the N-400, the name of the Naturalization Application. For this, you must create an online account to be able to file your Form N-400 online and follow the following steps:
- Pay the filing fee online
- Check the status of your case
- Receive notifications and case updates
- View custom estimates of case completion dates
- Respond to requests for evidence
- Manage your contact information, including updating your address