The details are being finalized for the launch of update 21H1 of Windows 10. This time the build of channel 20H2 19042.782 ( KB4598291 ) has arrived to the Preview and Beta channels.
Fixes and improvements in Build 19042.782
- The default values for the following Internet Explorer registry keys have been updated:
- svcKBFWLink á »» (empty string)
- svcKBNumber »» (empty string)
- svcUpdateVersion to 11.0.1000.
Also, these values will no longer be automatically updated.
- Administrators have been enabled to disable standalone Internet Explorer through Group Policy while continuing to use Microsoft Edge’s IE mode.
- They allow you to configure certain policies that support Microsoft Edge IE mode using Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Fixed an issue in the Universal C Runtime Library (UCRT) that caused printf () to incorrectly round floating-point values.
- Resolved an issue that displays a User Account Control (UAC) dialog box unexpectedly when activating speech recognition.
- Fixed an issue that does not notify the target application when selecting the Copy Link command from the Share menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the 64-bit fmod () and remainder () functions to corrupt the floating-point unit (FPU) stack.
- Fixed an issue that caused a stop error or caused a device to stop responding when playing a game in full screen or tablet mode.
- Fixed an issue with using Ctrl + Caps Lock and Alt + Caps Lock to switch to Hiragana or Katakana mode respectively after upgrading to Windows 10, version 2004.
- Eliminated a problem that prevented you from opening a document that is on the Windows desktop and generated the error, “The directory name is not valid.” This problem occurs after changing the desktop location on the Location tab of the Desktop Properties dialog (File Explorer -> This PC -> Desktop).
- Fixed issue creating duplicate cloud provider folders in File Explorer navigation pane.
- Found the problem that occurs when the Mandatory profile check box is selected when copying a user profile.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Alt + Tab order to change unexpectedly and cause it to switch to the wrong window.
- Located an issue that prevented ImmGetCompositionString () from returning white space for furigana when using the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME).
- Fixed an issue with some special key combinations used in DaYi, Yi, and Array IMEs that could cause an application to stop working.
- Fixed an issue that shows a blank lock screen after a device wakes up from Hibernate.
- They have corrected the historical daylight saving time (DST) information for the Palestinian Authority.
- Added support for controlling serial numbers through registration.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly disables some Windows 10 Education devices after upgrading to Windows 10, version 2004.
- Fixed an issue that failed to load diagnostic logs in a management service, such as Microsoft Intune. The error occurs due to a network timeout on a slow network.
- We display a notification to a user when an administrator logs into an MDM service, such as Microsoft Intune, to find the location of a managed device.
- Amended an issue that prevents users from using their smart card credentials when the user hint is the domain credential name (domain-username).
- Completed an issue where the use of local Service for User (S4U) affected the Data Protection API (DPAPI) credential keys and caused users to log out unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that caused BitLocker silent mode deployment to fail with error 0x80310001. This issue occurs when you implement BitLocker encryption on hybrid Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) joined devices.
- Fixed an issue that caused a black screen to appear or delayed sign-in on hybrid Azure Active Directory joined computers. Also, there is no access to login.microsoftonline.com
- Resolved an issue that could cause systems using BitLocker to stop working with error 0x120 (BITLOCKER_FATAL_ERROR).
Localized an issue that caused a device to stop working when deploying Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager if AppLocker is enabled on the device.
- Amended an issue that caused the LSASS.exe process to leak memory on a server that is under heavy authentication load when Kerberos Armoring (Flexible Authentication Secure Tunneling (FAST)) is enabled.
- Fixed a memory leak issue that occurs when authenticating a client certificate on servers configured as domain controllers.
- Located an issue with the Virtual Interrupt Notification Assertion (VINA) outages.
- Eliminated an issue with HTTP caching that interferes with full-screen mode targeting Azure AD groups.
- Suppressed an issue that occurs when a Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot is triggered on virtual machines (VMs) that contain Resilient File System (ReFS) volumes. The triggered VSS snapshot fails with a timeout and prevents access to the ReFS volume for 30 minutes.
- An issue was found that incorrectly logs Extensible Storage Engine Technology (ESENT) event 642 in the application event log.
- Removed an issue with administrative template settings that are configured through a Group Policy Object (GPO). When you change the value of the policy setting to NOT CONFIGURED, the system cannot remove the previous setting. This problem is most notable with roaming user profiles.
- Found and fixed issue that could cause a deadlock in Windows Virtual Desktop when a user logs out before a driver fully loads
- Located an issue that Extracts All is not displayed in the context menu when right-clicking a ZIP file online only.
- Updated the process to enroll in speech recognition online. If you are already enrolled, you will see a message asking you to review the new settings. If you decide not to contribute your speech data for human review, you can still use online speech recognition. The new configuration contains a button to activate online speech recognition and another button to activate the collection of voice clips. If you enable the voice clip collection, you can disable it at any time with the same button on the new settings page.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Start menu, Cortana, and icons pinned to the taskbar from opening. This problem occurs when an administrator copies an existing profile that has the Required Profile check box selected.