Are you about to process or renew your Mexican passport? Keep reading to know the requirements that are requested to make the application in any of the offices of the Ministry of Foreign Relations (SRE). Likewise, we tell you who has the possibility of obtaining a discount in their procedure.
What do I need to process the passport?
- Birth certificate (certified)
- Unique Population Registry Code (certified CURP)
- Proof of payment
Before going to the SRE you must make the payment of rights, you can do it at any bank branch in Mexico.
To pay, you only have to download this format and write down the validity of the Passport you want to request and go to a bank window to complete the transaction.
How much does the passport cost?
These are the prices of passport:
- 1 year: $815 pesos (document issued only for children under 3 years of age)
- 3 years: $1,585 pesos
- 6 years: $2,155 pesos
- 10 years: $3,780 pesos
How to get the 50% discount on the passport?
There are certain people who can get the 50% discount on the total cost of the passportso they can save a good amount of money when processing said document.
Among the people who can access the 50% discount on the Mexican passport are:
- Adults over 60 years
- People with disabilities (verifiable)
- Temporary farm workers in Canada. They can only access the discount if the passport is requested for 3 or 6 years. The discount does not enter the 10-year valid document.
The costs with the 50% discount are as follows, according to information from the SRE site:
- 3 years: $795 pesos
- 6 years: $1,075 pesos
- 10 years: $1,890 pesos
High level Team of young journalists whose objective is to explain the most relevant business, economic and financial news. We are passionate about telling stories and believe in citizen and service journalism.