Marathons and races have become essential events for both amateur and professional athletes. That is why various competitions are gaining momentum again, some focused on a more professional level, while others aim at family participation.
Within the framework of the Bimbo Global Race 2023, a race organized by Grupo Bimbo that will take place this September 24, Inés Melchor, Peruvian distance runner and image of the race, provides some recommendations to be in optimal condition for this important date.
● Training plan: It is crucial to develop a plan that adapts to individual abilities, taking into account the pace and intensity that each person can truly maintain and avoiding overload or very intense exercises in the days before the competition to prevent injuries.
● Food and rest: Both factors are fundamental complements for this type of events. Resting 8 hours allows the body and mind to recover. Likewise, in the days before the race, a diet rich in carbohydrates and proteins is recommended and on the day of the race it is ideal to consume light foods such as juices or fruits.
● Hydration: As the race approaches, it is important to make sure you drink 2 liters of water per day, since a lack of fluids in the body can lead to muscle injuries.
● Warm ups: On race day, gentle stretching exercises and muscle movements should be performed to increase blood circulation and prevent injuries.
● Outfit: Wearing the correct clothing is one of the most important factors, and even more so the choice of footwear. Sneakers with high cushioning capacity and materials that support the feet are essential. It is recommended to wear running shoes and use them in advance to avoid discomfort or injury to your feet.
About Bimbo Global Race
Bimbo Global Race is a race for adults and children, where the objective is not only to run, but to share the good things about the sport while helping those who need it most because for each person registered, 20 slices of bread will be donated to Cáritas del Perú. The race will take place this September 24 in the Combate de Abtao-San Isidro park under its three modalities: 3k (walk), 5K and 10K.