There are several ways in which people can make their voluntary savings and that their resources grow in their Retirement Fund Manager (Afore). By allocating a proportional part of your money to the Afore, you can retire better.
According to information from the National Commission of the Retirement Savings System (consume)there are up to 8 simple, safe and fast options to grow the money that the Afore accounts keep throughout your working life and once the retirement stage arrives it will be returned in a single payment or in the form of a pension.
The National Commission of the Retirement Savings System (Consar) affirms that if you want to have a final pension greater than $15,000 pesos per month, you must have voluntary savings each month, since it will be beneficial for your future retirement account, and the Age to start doing it is from 25 years of age. Although this applies to workers who retire under the Law of 97 of the IMSS.
How much should I contribute to my Afore to obtain a pension of more than 15,000 pesos?
According to Consar, it is speculated that in Mexico there are just over 50 million retirement savings accounts. However, 51% of the beneficiaries do not know how much they should save to obtain a certain monthly monetary amount as a pension.
In this sense, the Commission has presented a calculator for IMSS or ISSSTE affiliates that allows account holders to know how much they must save monthly to obtain a benefit equal to or greater than 15,000 pesos. Learn how to use it by following these steps:
- Enter https://www.pensionissste.gob.mx/Calculadora
- In the section, enter the monthly base salary you receive. If you are an independent worker, enter the amount of savings you want to allocate
- Select your current afore
- Fill in the fields of gender, date of birth, year of affiliation and current balance of your Afore
- Enter your retirement age
To give an example, in the case of an independent worker with an approximate age of 28, he would have to allocate a monthly savings of 7,000 pesos. The important thing is to allocate a part of the income on a constant basis, which will make a large profit in the long term, although the percentage that is allocated varies.
According to the Mexican Association of Retirement Fund Administrators (Amafore), there is no specific amount, since it is a voluntary savings that can be from 1 to 13% of your salary. It is necessary to commit month after month and make the respective contribution.
How to make voluntary savings?
- Commercial networks: You can go to any participating point of sale, just have your Afore account, Clave Única de Registro de Población (CURP), and you can save from 50 pesos.
- Available apps: You have the option of downloading the Aforemóvil application, registering and following the steps to make the respective contributions. Within the app you can see the savings online and choose the means by which you want to allocate the amount, that is, CLABE account or debit card.
- EarnSavings: It is a strategy where through the consumption of products and services, workers can observe an extra amount. You can see more information in this link.
- AforeWeb: An option that will let you save voluntarily in your Afore account with recurring and automatic charges applied to your debit card or bank CLABE.
- Afore Window: In any branch of your Afore, you indicate the amount of your contribution, there are no minimums or maximums.
- Pattern: You can go to the human resources area and ask for information on how to make voluntary savings.
High level Team of young journalists whose objective is to explain the most relevant business, economic and financial news. We are passionate about telling stories and believe in citizen and service journalism.