It is essential to note that the Solidarity Income program will not be implemented in Colombia during 2023, as indicated by the government. However, social prosperitya national entity, has mentioned that at the end of the previous year it began to grant a special subsidy to the beneficiaries of social programs as part of the Shock Plan Against Hunger. In the next few paragraphs, details about the payments in progress, the requirements to be a beneficiary and the corresponding payment dates will be provided.
“Zero Hunger” is a government initiative that is made up of multiple social programs whose purpose is to guarantee food and nutritional security for the most needy population in the country. Its main goal is to combat hunger and reduce the rate of child malnutrition in Colombia.
As of December 7, 2022, Prosperidad Social began the delivery of a special transfer of $500,000, which is especially focused on mothers who are heads of household. Likewise, an additional 324,000 households that had not previously received financial assistance from the State have been included.
On what dates will Zero Hunger be delivered? Know the dates to receive the subsidy
- As of December 7, the distribution of State subsidies for group A began.
- In addition, from that same date, the Solidarity Income benefit was granted to the beneficiaries of group A of Sisbén IV who do not have a registered bank account.
- As of December 15, this same benefit began to be assigned to bank beneficiaries of group A of Sisbén IV.
- As of December 21, the benefit began to be granted to participants of the Jóvenes en Acción program who completed cycle 6 in 2022.
- Finally, from December 26, the transfer began to be granted to households that participate in the Familias en Acción program, specifically to parents with children under 6 years of age.
Zero Hunger 2023: how do you know if you access this benefit?
- To access the Solidarity Income website, please click on solidary income.prosperidadsocial.gov.co and select the “REGISTER” button located at the top right of the page.
- If you are already registered, log in with your ID number in the Digital Citizen Authentication service, otherwise, select “REGISTER HERE” in the TYPE OF ACCESS option to continue with the registration process.
- After registering, go back to the program website and log in again (steps 1, 2 and 3).
- Once inside the system, a window will be displayed with the information of the registered user. Verify the information and close the corresponding window.
- Next, select the button “CHECK TURNS AND BENEFICIARIES” and a window will open with relevant information about your household, including its status and whether you are a beneficiary of the program, among other details.
Learn about the requirements to obtain the Zero Hunger Bonus
- To meet the requirements to receive benefits from the Solidarity Income program, it is necessary to meet certain conditions, such as:
- Being classified at level A of the Sisbén IV socioeconomic classification system.
- Be part of group A of recipients of the Solidarity Income program, be a single mother heading a household and be enrolled in the Familias en Acción program with sons or daughters under six years of age, or be a single mother heading a household and be a beneficiary of the program Youth in Action with sons or daughters under six years of age.