Home insurance can protect your property, assets or contents inside and outside, your money, electrical or electronic equipment, mobile content, such as a tablet, laptop or electronic games.
According to data from the Mexican Association of Insurance Institutions (AMIS), in Mexico, only 6.7 percent of households are insured, a worrying figure, since 41 percent of the Mexican territory is vulnerable to various phenomena or catastrophes.
And it is that, to tell the truth, in the least expected moments, the only thing you want is that your family and your assets are not affected, which is why home insurance can be the solution to various problems that can come suddenly .
Take into account that some of the situations that may affect your assets are:
- Natural disasters: hurricane or floods, earthquakes.
- robbery with violence
- Damages that people inside your home and even your pets accidentally cause to third parties.
- Electric system: When you place the Christmas lights, you should make sure they are in good condition. The series of lights, mainly used for decorating Christmas trees, must not present cuts or folds; The lights must be complete and in good condition. Before leaving your home, you should turn off or unplug the lighting. In case of using multiple contacts, they must be of good quality. Once they are in use, it is best to place it on a ceramic plate.
- Use of candles: If a candle or candle is lit, it is convenient to place it on a ceramic plate, removing the flame from any combustible material (fabric, plastic, cardboard, paper); in case of leaving home, they must be turned off.
- Use of fireworks: The use of fireworks is not recommended, as the incandescent material can start a home fire. If they are used, their use and handling must be supervised.
- Patrimonial security: Thanks to advances in technology, it is currently possible to acquire webcam equipment. The placement and installation of these devices is simple, which allows the facility to monitor the home from a distance in case you are not present.
What are the benefits of having insurance for your home?
- You have protection against various accidents, risks and damages.
- The indemnity of the property is at commercial value or replacement value depending on the insurance contract.
- Your family and domestic workers are covered for any accident.
- You can complement your protection with additional coverage.
- Protection of common areas under condominium regime.
Regardless of whether your home is owned, rented or both:
- If you have your own home or are paying for it, insure your home, your assets and your civil liability.
- If you are renting, insure your assets and your civil liability.
- If you rent your property to guests, insure your home and your assets and your civil liability.
Given these circumstances, it is best to have insurance that supports your economy and your family assets, Equinox Insurance Agent specialist in the field can advise you to find the best one for you.
Your home is your heritage and your safe place, protect it! Equinox your insurance agent.