Akira Toriyama is known worldwide for dragon ballundoubtedly his most successful work. However the mangaka Japanese has other illustrated stories and a lot of characters from video games that were created from his own fist and imagination.
In this way, therefore drawing, on some occasion you can miss some similarity between characters. It happens even within the same Dragon Ball and we have seen it demonstrated in the face of Ten Shin Han and Goku.
All you have to do is give Ten hair and remove his third eye for him to end up becoming Goku. It is normal for every cartoonist to maintain a base for the rest of his designs and thus have a standard that characterizes him.
But in these examples that we are going to know next, courtesy of Spaghetti Codethe copies of the characters are quite obvious,
Similar illustrations by Akira Toriyama
- The first one we mention is that of Goku and Crono, a character that is part of Chrono Trigger, a video game in which Akira Toriyama contributed with the characters. The young swordsman’s clothing and his face is extremely similar to Kakarot’s.
- Keeping us in the same Chrono Trigger, Lucca appears, a young girl who, upon seeing her in detail, looks like a version of Bulma, from Dragon Ball, with a little bit of Arale from Dr. Slump.
- Not to mention Akira Toriyama’s satire project called Go! Go! Ackman. The protagonist, a small sword-wielding demon, is simply a version of Trunks.
- Dragon Quest V, which we could already take by simply the name, has a character that is a Piccolo in disguise. He is called Nimzo and is the final boss of the game.
- In this last one to close the top we have a three in one. The body of the mythical Captain Red of the Red Patrol is the same as that of Suppaman, a parody of Superman, and that of Onio from Neko Majin, a series that is closely related to Dragon Ball.