This year Casa Decor is set in a large building in the Salamanca district of Madrid. A building at number 89 Goya Street in Madrid, – next door to El Corte Ingles -, which thanks to the intervention of the interior designers has been filled with materials, design and technology for the home, predictive of things to come and above all, of a new way of inhabiting the house.
Because after a long visit (six floors go a long way) the feeling is that in this edition not all spaces are conventional. There are few bedrooms and living rooms and many alternative spaces such as mini floors that collect all the functions in just 30 or 40 m2. A sample of a reality that is lived in big cities, to which some interior designers give very ingenious solutions.
new needs, such as the sport They are incorporated into our house (no matter the size) through fitness machines that are authentic jewels, or simple tools.
But if something stands out beyond trends and colours, – certainly this year terracotta has been the winner but eclecticism is the norm, so we have not been bored during the tour-, it is the search for a house that transmits sensations. The house is not designed only to meet our needs but is conceived as an important actor in our lives capable, very capable of transmitting sensations. The cave house; the refuge house and the hedonistic house beyond decorative styles that by the way, there are for all tastes. And if not, compare the mini apartment on the cover by Andreina Raventos with the tribute to the attics (bottom) by Marta Labrador.
The keys to Casa Decor 2022
- The mini houses and their different solutions. It should be noted that in some of them the kitchen is hidden but the bathroom (we are referring to the sinks and the shower) shine and are located separately.
- Although another day it will be time to go into detail with the kitchens, let us know that most kitchens include mini gardens.
- Sustainability in this edition is internalized and surpassed, I would say. On the walls, clay, lime mortar, even linen and jute on the walls.
- Home automation that is not seen but felt and like sustainability, its use is beginning to be normalized and it controls lights, blinds, curtains…
- Contrasting styles. Inspiration takes different forms and at Casa Decor there is room for the futurism of Sinmas Studio and the classicism of Ancient Rome in the bathrooms of Somos2.
- Floors and ceilings. During the tour, do not forget to look at the ceiling and the floor. The first very worked with moldings, grooves and many curves and the second with a lot of carpet. Will it be a trend again?
- Crafts. The castle space La Mancha repeats space that puts craftsmanship in value and teaches us the fruits of uniting design and craftsmanship. An emotional Tomás Alía explained to us some of the projects of this Autonomous Community. Among them, the creation of a university to learn the ancient techniques of working with ceramics, fabrics, leather, gold thread…
- The English Court. It deserves a place of its own. The sponsor and participant has reserved a lot of space (terraces included) to show us a complete house with very magazine-like environments. Dresses and very complete perfect to enjoy with the family.
Cover image Casa Decor 2022. Andreina Raventos Space Conceptual Architecture
Similar in Decosphere | Trend Alert; white on white pictures with which to update the living room or bedroom
Six trends of 2022 for the kitchen