It is a perfect opportunity to socialize and relax from everyday pressures by expressing our ideas and interacting with others.
WHY SHARING MOMENTS AT THE TABLE IS IMPORTANT
Sharing food with those you want has many benefits:
- It is a perfect opportunity to socialize and relax from everyday pressures by expressing our ideas and interacting with others.
- It offers a sense of containment and familiarity.
- It can evoke deep feelings of satisfaction and security.
- Qualities such as empathy and understanding can be developed since different points of view are often expressed in a meeting around the table.
- It can help to understand the concept of equality and promote it.
On the other hand, an investigation from the University of Antwerp in Belgium consisted of surveying 466 Belgian students who were asked how often they kept homemade family meals during childhood and observed how this impacted their behavior towards others. Those who had done so most frequently in childhood were found to score higher in altruistic behaviors, particularly offering their seats on public transportation, helping their friends move, and volunteering.
Take advantage of lunchtime, what better pretext to spend unique moments with those you love.
What is your family’s favorite dish?