Faced with the situation, Google enabled a function in Maps to download map fragments and use them offline. Below we give you the details about this function.
How to use Google Maps offline?
First of all, it is important to plan the travel route, since this function is used to download the map of a specific region when connected to the internet. To complete the process you must follow these steps.
1. Go to the Google Maps app on iOS or Android.
2. Tap your profile photo in the upper right corner.
3. Then go to the Offline Maps section.
4. Choose the option “select your own map”.
5. Use your fingers to define the coverage area.
6. Confirm the download at the bottom right of the screen.
Alternatively, you can type a city or other area into Google Maps and then press the button Discharge that appears in the popup window, but this only works on the iPhone.