The updates have not stopped coming to WhatsApp, this week up to four new functions were deployed that millions of users can already use in the beta program of the aforementioned instant messaging platform, it means that they are still in the testing stage for Meta to consider whether to publish them in the stable version ( official) of the application. Do you want to know what the tools are and how to enable them? It is something that Depor will explain to you immediately. Take note.
There were actually five functions, but one of these has been removed from WhatsApp, we are talking about “audio states”, since it was a tool that almost nobody used, especially since it was impossible to record with the split screen while simultaneously playing a song from Spotify or YouTube video, likewise, you had to press the microphone button for thirty seconds and it did not have the hands-free option.
LOOK: WhatsApp: how to prevent notifications from appearing on the lock screen of your cell phone?
Learn about the four new WhatsApp tools and how you can activate them
To activate the application tools you need to download the Beta version of WhatsApp for iOS and Android users, don’t worry, we will tell you how to do it in detail below. We start off by presenting a quick count of the new features:
- Scheduling calls in group chats: WhatsApp calls now support up to 32 participants maximum, so improving the experience of voice or video communications, WhatsApp has created “call scheduling”, an exclusive function of group chats so that meetings with your contacts don’t just stay in words.
- Open the app > join a group.
- Click on the phone icon (top right)
- Two options will be displayed: “Call the group” and “Schedule call”, choose the latter.
- A new window will appear for you to give the call a title, specify the date and time.
- Click on the button that says “Create”.
- audio transcription: now you can convert your WhatsApp audio to text, very useful when you can’t hear a voice message due to the environment or if it lasts too many minutes.
- Enter the chat where the voice message was sent.
- Press it for a few seconds and it will automatically open the setting to transcribe.
- It is even possible to edit the language.
- Send up to 100 media files: It is already possible to share up to 100 photos or videos in a single message, since previously the limit was 30 elements.
- New text editor: it will offer you a total of three options: the first, new fonts and the ability to quickly change them after enabling the application’s keyboard; the second feature will allow you to modify the text alignment to the left, center or right, so you will have more control over the format of your writing on images, videos and GIFs; and with the third you will adjust the color of the background.
How to be a WhatsApp beta tester on iOS?
- The first thing you should do is download TestFlight on the App Store.
- When you have installed it, simply open this link to apply for a position in WhatsApp Beta for iPhone
- You should now be redirected back to TestFlight.
- Press Accept to get the position and it will not take long for WhatsApp beta to be installed on your cell phone.
- It should be noted that on iPhone the participants of the WhatsApp beta are a little more limited.
- Remember that every time you enter the WhatsApp beta, it may take a while for the latest version to download.
How to download WhatsApp Beta for Android?
- First, go to the Android Google Play Store and search for the app. WhatsApp.
- Press on the first app that appears and scroll down.
- Find and tap the “Become a beta tester” option. If you don’t see it then access this link to go directly.
- Now, press the “Become a verifier” button.
- Accept the conditions and you will have to wait a bit for you to start downloading WhatsApp Beta.
So you can activate the unlock by WhatsApp fingerprint
- Verify that WhatsApp do not have pending updates.
- Open the app and click on the icon of the three points that are located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, touch the one that says “Settings”.
- Then, enter the “Privacy” section.
- Scroll down and click on “Fingerprint lock”.
- Activate the switch labeled “Unlock with fingerprint”.
- Finally, choose to block your account immediately after exiting the application, after one minute or after 30 minutes.
How to save WhatsApp data consumption on iPhone?
- From your cell phone with iOS open the WhatsApp app.
- Next, go to the Settings section.
- After this, tap on the Data usage option.
- You will see some alternatives like Images, Audio, Video and Documents.
- Expand the tab of the options you prefer and select Wi-Fi onlyinstead of Use Data.
In this way, WhatsApp will not consume your mobile data every time you download an image, audio or any other element within the app.