if you played the Powerball and you were lucky enough to win a prize, keep in mind that you must meet some requirements to receive it; but don’t worry, as these are very simple.
Before we specify that the modalities so that you can collect what you won will depend on the amount, if in case you happen to be the lucky one to win the jackpot you will have to choose the payment method: annual or a single payment.
WHAT REQUIREMENTS DO I HAVE TO MEET TO RECEIVE A POWERBALL PRIZE?
In case you have succeeded playing the lottery, the collection of your prize will depend on the state where you have purchased your ticket, since a minimum time is established for it to be delivered, thus we have:
- 90 day term for New Mexico
- 180 days term for Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- 182 days termor to maryland
- 6 month term for Virgin Islands
- 1 year term for Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont
- 1 year term for California as long as the top prize is won and 180 days for all other prizes.
What else to consider
Likewise, once you approach to collect your prize they will verify that you have bought the ticket legally and see what numbers you got right. Not only that, you will have to be of legal age and it is not essential to have US citizenship.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM POWERBALL ONLINE PRIZES?
Just like the people who bought their Powerball ticket in person, those who bought it online must meet the same requirements: have bought the ticket officially, maintain its validity, be of legal age and not forget to claim it on time.
IF I WIN A PRIZE LESS THAN $600, WHAT IS THE PAYMENT LIKE?
Did you win a prize of less than US$ 600 and don’t know how to collect it? Don’t worry, you just have to approach any authorized Powerball retailer of the place where you have played so that it can be delivered to you in cash. If the seller doesn’t have enough money to give it to you, they can send you to another store or to a prize collection center.
The other option is that claim your prize by mail; therefore, find out the exact email according to your jurisdiction to write to them. It should be noted that the mailing address is established by the state lottery office.
HOW DO I GET PAID IF I WON MORE THAN US$ 600?
If your prize exceeds $600, you can go to a social district office, a payment center or the lottery headquarters, although you can also request it by mail, but it would take a few days. Please note that the amount may vary by state.
Another option given in some states is to send your application through mailboxes, here you will have to put the signed ballot and a completed form in an envelope.