Exercising at home has become a routine for many people, especially those who do not have enough time to attend a specific sport or the gym on a regular basis.
Exercising at home saves time and money, especially if you take into account some recommendations and exercise routines that can help you achieve different exercises, such as losing weight, toning, gaining muscle or losing fat.
Exercises to lose weight at home
Most of the exercises that are thought to be done at home do not require, almost never, any material. Even so, those who are already more familiar with these types of routines can buy basic materials such as a pair of weights, a mat or rubber bands.
When thinking about exercises to lose weight, it must be borne in mind that these should be focused on cardio, although they are useless if they are not complemented with a healthy, balanced diet without excesses.
Here are some simple exercises you can do at home to lose weight:
- Squat: standing, with your legs shoulder-width apart, bend your knees, squatting and pushing your hips back. You can do 12-15 repetitions, 3 series, resting about 30 seconds between each of them.
- Running on the spot by raising your knees: just make him run on the spot, raising his knees towards his chest, as high as possible. You can do this exercise for about 20 seconds, about 3 repetitions.
- Jumping jacks: consists of jumping energetically while raising the arms and opening the legs. Then he jumps up again, closing his legs and lowering his arms. You can do this exercise for 12-15 repetitions, 3 sets, resting between sets.
- Gluteus bridge with leg: lying on a mat and with your feet well supported, raise your hips to form a straight line (shoulders-knees). Thus, one of the legs must be raised in extension. Lower and repeat the movement with the other leg. Do 12-15 repetitions, 3 sets, resting between them.
- Skaters: while standing, just lean your torso forward a little, keeping your back straight and bending your knees a little. You will have to jump to the right side, supporting the bent right leg and passing the left leg behind. Repeat the movement to both sides, alternating left leg, right leg. Perform the exercise for about 30 seconds.
The repetitions and the series are indicative. Possibly, a person who is starting, can not do the whole routine. Therefore, you will have to start little by little, doing the repetitions that you can and increase over time. Do not forget to warm up and stretch at the beginning and end of the exercise session.