The General Health Council (CSG) issued the call for the Recognition of Medical Merit 2022. It is aimed at health professionals who, throughout their lives, have distinguished themselves by their dedication to service and dedication to the training of generations of medical professionals. It also takes into account their scientific, technological and social contributions and the consolidation of institutions.
With this, health institutions, higher education, academies, scientific societies, councils, groups of professionals and academics in the health area in general, are requested to present the candidacies of those who, in their opinion, have stood out for their merits in favor of the health of the people of Mexico to compete in the following categories:
“EDUARDO LICEAGA” AWARD for Medical Sciences and Healthcare Administration. It will be awarded as recognition of merit to those who have contributed with notable advances in medical sciences and health care administration.
— General Health Council (@DeSalubridad) January 18, 2022
These awards will be granted to professionals in the health area as recognition and encouragement for the relevant and distinguished contribution in favor of the health of the Mexican population, in accordance with the following:
1. “DOCTOR MIGUEL OTERO” AWARD for Clinical Research. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves professionally in clinical research.
2. “DOCTOR GERARDO VARELA” AWARD for Public Health. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves professionally in the area of public health.
3. “DOCTOR MANUEL VELASCO SUÁREZ” AWARD for Neurology and Neurosurgery. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves professionally in the field of neurology and neurosurgery.
4. “DOCTOR GUILLERMO SOBERÓN ACEVEDO” AWARD for Development of Institutions. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves in an outstanding way in the development of health institutions.
5. “DOCTOR RAMÓN DE LA FUENTE MUÑIZ” AWARD for Mental Health. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves in an outstanding way in the area of mental health.
6. “DOCTOR IGNACIO CHÁVEZ” PRIZE for Medical Humanism. It will be awarded to those who have excelled in the professional practice of the field of medicine with an attitude based on the conception of human values.
7. “MARTIN DE LA CRUZ” AWARD for Chemical and Biological Research. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves professionally in scientific research applied to knowledge in the development of drugs, preferably in research, from plant compounds.
8. “DOCTOR MARGARITA CHORNÉ Y SALAZAR” Odontology AWARD. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves professionally in dentistry.
9. “DOCTOR MIGUEL FRANCISCO JIMÉNEZ” AWARD will be awarded to the medical professional who has distinguished himself or whose work is outstanding in primary health care for the population at the First Level of Care.
10. “NURSE REFUGE ESTEVES REYES” AWARD will be awarded to the nurse who has provided outstanding professional nursing services in areas or circumstances of conflict or disaster.
11. “NURSE ISABEL CENDALA Y GÓMEZ” AWARD for Merit in Nursing. It will be awarded to those who have distinguished themselves professionally in the nursing activity in any of its specialties, particularly in the area of public health and community nursing.
12. “LUCÍA SALCIDO NURSING ASSISTANT” AWARD will be awarded to the nursing assistant who has distinguished herself by an excellent career and transcendent work in her field.
BASES OF THE AWARD
1. The candidates registered for the Recognition of Medical Merit 2022 must be proposed through a letter addressed to the Organizing Committee of the Award, presented by health institutions, higher education, academies, scientific societies, councils, professional groups, academics of the health area in general, who have no family relationship or conflict of interest of any kind with the candidate. In said letter, with a maximum length of one page, they must indicate the name of the award for which the candidate is applying and, precisely, the reasons or motives that support the application.
2. Self-applications are not allowed.
3. Those people who have been winners in past calls may NOT be nominated again for the same award.
4. To send the application, ONLY ONE of the following options must be chosen:
a) VIA EMAIL. Send all the documentation to the mail [email protected]
b) DIGITAL FORMAT. The information can be made on a USB to the offices of the General Health Council located at Lieja 7, 2nd floor, Col. Juárez, Mayor’s Office
Cuauhtemoc, CP 06600, Mexico City.
In both cases, you must present the following documentation:
A. Application letter (one page in pdf format)
B. Profile (a page in pdf format)
C. Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
D. Proof documents of everything described in the CV (pdf)
E. General Format (Excel)
IT IS ESSENTIAL TO SUBMIT THE PROBING DOCUMENTS MENTIONED IN THE CURRICULUM ACCORDING TO THE
ESTABLISHED IN THE APPLICATION GUIDE PUBLISHED ON THE WEBSITE OF THE GENERAL HEALTH COUNCIL
5. If any of the indicated requirements are not met, the applications will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED IN PRINTED FORMAT, IF THIS IS THE CASE, THEY WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Registration period for the Recognition of Medical Merit 2022
Applications will be received from January 13 and until February 28, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
To award the prizes, there will be a qualifying committee for each of the categories chaired by the Secretary of the General Health Council.
The decision of the qualifying committee will be final.
What does the prize consist of?
Each award will consist of a gold medal, a diploma and an amount in cash that will be delivered during the commemoration ceremony of the World Health Day in the month of April, the realization of which will depend on the sanitary conditions resulting from the pandemic.
If you have additional questions or are interested in registering one of your colleagues for the Recognition of Medical Merit 2022, you can check this link.