- With the debates that have arisen in recent days about the hiring of Cuban doctors, thousands of health professionals have raised their voices through different media.
- This time it was the turn of a doctor, who exhibited what he earns in a day as an entrepreneur of the independent medical practice in Mexico.
- For many doctors, one of their big dreams is to own their own practice, but these are the disadvantages.
With the debates that have arisen in recent days on the recruitment of Cuban doctors, thousands of health professionals have raised their voices through different media. However, this time it was the turn of a doctor, who exhibited what he earns in a day as an entrepreneur of the independent medical practice in Mexico.
@doctoraamargada #duo with @dr.viarsa the sad reality of being a doctor in Mexico. #ladoctoramargada #doctorsoftiktok ♬ Into The Thick Of It! – The Backyardigans
THE RISK OF INDEPENDENT MEDICAL PRACTICE IN MEXICO
For many doctors one of their great dreams is to be owners of their own practice, since it represents a better control of time, of the number of patients and the quality of the service that can be provided to the community. And, although it is a very attractive possibility, plans do not always go as desired. There are many disadvantages of being an independent doctor:
- Full responsibility of the office. It is very important to consider that the total management of the business is the responsibility of the doctor himself, and this includes availability and time management, the care of suppliers, the staff supervision, taking care of office inventories, advertising and legal procedures, empathy with patients, taking care of their own health. it will have to be available always and for everyone.
- occasional patients. For specialist doctors, such as internists, pediatricians and gynecologists, most of their clients are passing or occasional patients. Their services are required in an emergency case, in most cases. The doctor may not see the patient again until the patient needs it again.
- The little fidelity of the patient with the doctor. Patient loyalty depends on factors that are sometimes beyond the control of the independent doctor: lack of space in the agenda, the patient’s change of address, communication difficulties to get an appointment. These are factors that can influence the moment of generating patient loyalty and therefore affect economic income.
- Knowledge updating. The greatest strength of doctors in the optimal performance of their work is their knowledge. What could become a double-edged sword, well the doctor must be constantly updatedto maintain its prestige, its clients and its income, which would bring with it an increase in the value of the consultation and in this aspect, many of the possible patients seek economy.
- The legal responsibility of the doctor. The practice of medicine in Colombia, like all professional activities, is subject to a series of legal regulations, which seek to ensure the correct performance of the professional and ensure the rights of the community, protecting its values. Thus, the independent physician will be solely responsible for ensuring that all regulations are fully complied with in his office.s and legal provisions in the fulfillment of its services.
There are many factors to consider when deciding to establish yourself as an independent physician. There will always be other more attractive opportunities and with less responsibility. You need to weigh the pros and cons of running a medical venture when deciding to start your own practice.
New cases of virus more deadly than covid-19 found in Qatar
FDA authorizes Pfizer booster dose for children ages 5 to 11
NATIONAL PRIDE! Mexican scientists develop treatment against inflammation by COVID-19