It is enough to watch the news or read a newspaper one day to realize that we are living in troubled times and where instability and uncertainty are the order of the day. This affects almost all sectors, but energy is one of the most noticeable. With the price of electricity and gas at all-time highs, many people have started looking for alternative solutions to the usual ones to be able to spend a warm winter without spending enormous money.
But, what are those alternatives when we talk about energy? It has been gaining weight in recent years, another of the most sustainable energy sources and which, in addition, allows savings of up to 80% on the energy bill. And this is precisely where Mitsubishi Electric has a lot to say thanks to your Ecodan aerothermal system. We explain how it works.
Aerothermal: are you going with me?
The first thing you need to know, although you may have deduced it from the name, is that the main source of energy used by aerothermal energy is the outside air. In fact, with ECODAN the energy needed to heat the home depends on two sources: 20% of consumption is covered by electricity supply and the remaining 80% uses air outside the home, that is, the consumer only has to pay 20% of the energy consumed by this technology. ECODAN systems provide a wide range of working temperatures.
The second thing you should know is that, unlike traditional boilers that only offer heating and hot water, Mitsubishi Electric’s ECODAN aerothermal system also covers the needs of the hottest summers, also including air conditioning. The result is a product that unifies air conditioning, heating and hot water in a single system. And this with savings of up to 80% on the total energy bill.
The third aspect is related to the impact of aerothermal energy on the environment. Compared to traditional heating systems and boilers, ECODAN does not require the installation of gas or other fuelso it is not mandatory to carry out periodic inspections, because since there is no combustion, the risks of fire, explosion or poisoning are also avoided.
ECODAN has been designed and developed to offer greater energy efficiency and significant savings on energy bills.
Likewise, the installation and maintenance are very simple, since the aerothermal heat pump systems can be adapted to most of the existing installations, they take up little space and require less maintenance. Currently, ECODAN ensures heating as or more reliable than traditional systems, but with simpler systems, less need for maintenance and a significant reduction in energy consumption. In short, Mitsubishi Electric has managed to combine ecology, efficiency and savings in a sustainable system that allows the reduction of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere related to the air conditioning of homes and also facilitates obtaining LEED, Breeam energy efficiency certifications. , WELL and Passivhaus.
Let’s talk about figures: savings of up to 80%
Numbers are the most objective thing there is. And when we are thinking of changing a traditional heating system to a modern one like Mitsubishi Electric’s Ecodan aerothermal energy, they are key.
And it is that the sustainability and lower energy consumption of having an aerothermal system at home can be quantified. For example, the most important for many is that ECODAN technology saves more than 80% of the energy bill of an average home, since only 20% of what is consumed is paid, by using outside air as the main power source.
Do you still have doubts about the savings it entails? Mitsubishi Electric also offers an innovative online tool, the ecodan calculatorthanks to which we can know which system best suits the needs of each homereally quantifying the annual savings that the use of the Ecodan system supposes compared to more traditional heating systems.
Other important factors
Finally, ECODAN has a practical room control that allows energy to be saved in a simple way, since it makes it possible to maintain the most comfortable temperature in each space, making efficient use and reducing energy consumption. Also, all systems can be controlled from a single control, from radiators to underfloor heating. But it is not strictly necessary to be present at home to manage the temperature of the home. The ECODAN range allows full remote control of the system with any device connected to the Internetit is as simple as downloading the apps MelCloud in apps store or in play store. In addition, it offers everything from operating reports to weather information to be able to keep up to date with everything that happens and, if needed, an official review service.
If you’ve gotten this far and still have any questions, take a look at the Web of Mitsubishi Electric’s Ecodan where it explains its operation in detail. The advantages are innumerable and are noticeable from day one.