- In 2020 alone, there were 198,000 toy-related injuries in the United States.
- Most of the incidents occurred because they contain parts that are too small in size and/or dangerous chemical components.
- Every year, the American organization World Against Toys Causing Harm (WATCH) draws up a list of the most dangerous toys in the world.
The arrival of the winter season is marked by aspects such as the decrease in temperature and a Christmas atmosphere. But it is also the favorite time of the little ones because they want to receive gifts. The problem is that behind a noble action there are also potential health risks. In fact, there are some toys considered the most dangerous in the world.
A form of entertainment as old as humanity
Although today the toy industry generates million-dollar profits, it never really was like that. In addition, it is an item that emerged centuries ago and for a long time it remained an artisan business.
The first toy in history is not yet known with certainty, but through excavations artifacts belonging to Ancient Egypt have been identified. It has also been proven that during the Roman Empire children had fun with ivory dolls, rattles and wheeled horse carts.
Instead, today the variety of options is almost unlimited because there are no longer only physical products but also digital ones. During the last years the video games and digital applications They have positioned themselves among the favorites of children of the new generations.
However, an aspect of great relevance for parents is that not all entertainment alternatives are ideal for all children. With this in mind, the The American organization World Against Toys Causing Harm (WATCH) annually draws up a list of the most dangerous toys in the world.
Although intended for fun and entertainment, many toys contain hidden hazards that needlessly put children at risk of injury or death. In fact, one of WATCH’s demands is to make stricter regulation of the toy industry.
In that sense, from pieces of too small sizes to chemical components are some of the biggest drawbacks. Especially in younger children they can cause injuries and even lead to death.
The most dangerous toys in the world
- Cocomelon Musical Learning Clock: Potential injuries to infants and young children from ingesting batteries.
- Disney Raya Action-Adventure Sword: Potential damage from eye injuries.
- Li’l Woodzeez Tickle-Your-Taste-Buds Bakery: Imminent Danger of Possible Choking Injuries
- Zeus Lion: Potential for injury by ingestion and/or aspiration.
- Dingray Musical Bath Toy: Potential for injury from swallowing and/or choking.
- Ooze Labs Chemistry Station: Potential for chemical related injuries.
- Bunny Rabbit Plush Pillow: Suffocation potential.
- Pop’n Fidget Spinners: Potential for choking injury.
- Nerf Pro Gelfire Mythic Blasters: Potential for eye and/or facial injury.
- Black Panther Wakanda Battle Claws: Potential for eye and/or facial injuries.
For her part, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), reported that in 2020 alone there were 198,000 injuries caused by toys in the United States. While between 2018 and 2020 the death of 51 infants was reported due to incidents related to toys.
All these situations are preventable and it is not only the responsibility of the authorities but also of the parents. Paying attention to what they buy and watching their children is of great importance to avoid acts that could end in misfortune.
IMSS delivers toys to children with cancer in various hospitals
Good End Offers: Children’s games to learn to be a doctor for less than $1,000
Doctor dresses up as Marvel superheroes to care for children with cancer