The gaps between generations may seem very large, however, in the field of health the issue became relevant when the consumer was transformed by the pandemic.
This transformation was digital, since the population around the world lived a time of connection and communication through a screen.
The “Trust in Advertising” study conducted by Nielsen found that the most trusted ways to advertise for all generations are:
1. Word of mouth
2. Advertising on websites
The advertising messages that resonate the most have a focus on health:
– Nearly two-thirds of Baby Boomers say they resonate more with advertising when it relates to health and value issues.
– For Centennials and Millennials, advertising focused on health issues and real-life situations resonates more.
– For Generation X, in addition to health, they are interested in advertising with family themes.
For those of us who are dedicated to advertising in the pharma world, it is important to know this data, since important questions arise in order to place our campaigns:
1. Where do I find my target?
2. What has the media competition done?
3. Am I conveying the message I want?
4. In which media will my advertising appear?
5. Who was impacted?
6. Am I reaching my target?
7. Can I do something to optimize this reach?
By answering these questions, we will be able to generate the best strategy for our advertising and that this impacts the health of the population.
In Mexico, the issue has become relevant, but it is necessary to continue with the promotion of health. Above all, the way in which messages are communicated with the aim of generating greater awareness in all generations.