There are two versions of whatsapp plus, the one developed by YesiiMods and AlexMods, both are modified platforms of WhatsApp Messenger, the stable messaging application that currently has more than four billion users worldwide. You cannot use the aforementioned program and the Meta app simultaneously, nor with the same phone number, since you could be temporarily or permanently banned from the official version.
If you have downloaded WhatsApp Plus and now you regret having registered your number in the messaging APK, don’t worry, from Depor we will explain the steps in detail so that you can delete it and use the official service developed by Mark Zuckerberg’s company again. .
We recommend that you do not skip any of the steps that we will mention in the list that we have prepared, otherwise you could have problems when returning to whatsapp messenger.
So you can switch from WhatsApp Plus to WhatsApp Messenger without losing your data
- First, open whatsapp plus and touch the icon of the three points that are located in the upper right.
- Several options will be displayed, click on “Settings” > “Chats” > “Backup”. A local backup copy of all the messages you have sent or received in your conversations will be created immediately.
- Access the “File Manager” > “Internal storage” > and press for a few seconds on the folder called “WhatsApp” or “WhatsApp Plus” (usually it is in the final part).
- Several options will be displayed at the bottom, click on “More” > “Rename” > change the name to “WhatsApp Plus (current date)”, for example: “WhatsApp Plus May 20, 2023” > Click on “Rename”.
- Now, go to Google Play and search whatsapp messenger, it will appear that you have it installed, then press “Uninstall”. When the process is finished, go back to “Download” and open it.
- Go back to the “File Manager” > open the “WhatsApp Plus May 20, 2023” folder and copy all the subfolders.
- Go back one step and touch the folder “Android” > “Media” > “com.whatsapp” > “WhatsApp” > in case the latter does not appear, create a folder with the same name and paste all the copied subfolders here.
- Enter WhatsApp Messenger and register your phone number, wait for the app to find the “local backup” and restore it.
- Finally, wait for the data restoration to finish and you will have gone from WhatsApp Plus to WhatsApp Messenger without having lost the information from your conversations.
For these reasons you should not chat with someone who has WhatsApp Plus
- Less security and privacy of the information you share.
- Although both platforms include the same functions, whatsapp plus It takes advantage because users can view deleted messages again “For everyone”, this without you noticing.
- If you send a photo or video with the function called “View only once”, it would not make much sense for you to use it with a client of the “Plus” version, since it could have activated that tool with which you can see your media file the times you want.
- WhatsApp Messenger does have end-to-end encryption, but content encryption is lost when chatting with a contact that uses the “Plus” service. Remember that the APK does not have encrypted chats.
- What consequences are there? that anyone would be able to read, see and listen to everything that is sent, even the developers of WhatsApp Plus.
- How to know if someone uses WhatsApp Plus? is one of the most frequently asked questions, although it is not known exactly if your contact has downloaded the APK, you can start to suspect the following signs:
- Never read messages or play group voice notes (read receipt).
- It never appears online.
- The word “Writing” or “Recording audio” does not appear when it answers you.
- Download your statuses and post them to your story.
Did you like this new information about WhatsApp Plus? Did you learn a useful trick? This application is full of ‘secrets’, codes, shortcuts and new tools that you can keep trying and you will only need to enter the following link for more notes whatsapp plus in Depor, and that’s it. What are you waiting for?