When game of Thrones ended, it left a void in the hearts of fans of this legendary HBO series. It seemed that everything was over, but they announced the spin off House of the Dragonwhich will begin to fill that void from On August 21date on which it opens in hbo max.
The Game of Thrones universe returns, but 300 years before the events of the original show. House of the Dragon will be based on the Targaryen house and the novel Fire and Blood, also written by George RR Martin.
This production will revolve around two characters, Queen Rhaenyra Targaryenplayed by Emma D’Arcy and her half-brother Demon, in the skin of Matt Smith. Both are fighting for the reign after the death of the King Viserysa noble monarch played by Paddy Considine.
To understand everything that will happen in House of the Dragon, it is important to remember key moments that we saw in Game of Thrones. Below, with information from the website of spoilerswe recall the seven episodes that must be seen before the premiere of the spin-off.
The seven episodes of Game of Thrones that you must see again
- Season 1, Episode 1: There is no better way to start than the first episode of the series, “Winter is coming”. It harkens back to Westeros and is a perfect introduction to the families behind the Iron Throne. Also, tells us about the Targaryens thanks to Daenerys, who receives the three dragon eggs.
- Season 1, Episode 5: “The Wolf and the Lion” escalates the conflict between the Starks and the Lannisters, as well as showing details about how the production dealt with political issues.
- Season 1, Episode 10: “Fire and Blood” is the final episode of the first season, for many the best season finale of Game of Thrones. Focusing on the context of House of the Dragon, the episode revealed the dragons Rahegal, Viserion, and Drogon, and confirms that Daenerys is a Targaryen.
- Season 2, Chapter 10: This is key to understanding many of the details that we will see in House of the Dragon. “Valar Morghulis” shows King Viserys dreaming of his heir taking the Iron Throneand in this episode, it is Daenerys who has the visions. Also, dragons have a legendary scene.
- Season 3, Episode 4: The first time we heard “Dracarys” was in “And Now His Watch is Ended”. Daenerys adds a new recognition as Breaker of Chains by fooling Kraznys by speaking Valyrian and Rhaenyra Targaryen is mentionedone of the protagonists of House of the Dragon, in a conversation about family.
- Season 5, Episode 9: The civil war between the Targaryens was called “The Dance of Dragons”like Chapter 9 of the fifth season. Daenerys rides Drogon in the episode.
- Season 8, Episode 5 – Daenerys could have ended up as the kind and loving ruler in “The Bells”, but she decided to take the wrong path, loses her mind and decides to destroy King’s Landing.