If you storage room it is a black hole in which it is impossible to enter, and it is even more impossible to find something… perhaps it is time to get your hands on it, get down to work, and order it before summer comes to fit rugs, blankets, out-of-season clothes… or so you can take out suitcases and other things you’ll need for your vacation. Actually, over the years it is inevitable to accumulate things in the storage room.
Things that you are embarrassed to throw away, things that you keep just in case… in addition to bicycles, skis, Christmas decorations… And having the storage room in order is essential to keep everything in its place, optimize space, and being able to find everything when we need it. If you have decided to tidy up this space, the tips we’ve been given from Storemorethe startup of smart storage rooms and coworking spaces for companies and individuals, will come in handy.
Your storage room in order with these tips
- Take inventory. To start ordering, the first thing is to know what we have stored. Start by preparing a list of all the boxes you store in the storage room, and their contents. Take the opportunity to discard everything you saved just in case, and that you know you will never use again. You can also draw a plan of the space so that you are clear about the location of each belonging.
- Stack vertically. Tidying experts recommend stacking boxes vertically, one on top of the other, to maximize storage space. To use this storage method, you must take into account the weight and fragility of the objects they contain.
- Take advantage of the height. Many storage rooms are usually taller than they are wide, a good way to take advantage of the space is to place shelves (69.99 euros). These elements will help you to have the boxes organized and to access them more easily.
T-LoVendo 2X30.10 Set of 2 Galvanized Metal Shelves 875Kg 5 Shelves (2 Units), Multicolor, One Size
- Use transparent boxes. The words storage room and boxes go hand in hand, since they are a very useful storage system when it comes to storing your houses. The most suitable for this purpose are transparent plastic boxes (16.95 euros), since in addition to being resistant, they allow you to see what is inside.
PLASTIC FORTE, Storage box, TRANSPARENT, 55 Litres, with wheels
- Label the boxes. It does not matter if the box is transparent or opaque. Adhesive labels will be your great allies when it comes to locating the content contained in each box (9.99 euros).
700 Self Adhesive Labels Household Labels Adhesive Labels Frozen Labels Direct Thermal Labels Universal Labels for Office Jars Bottles, 50 * 30mm
- Put the heaviest stuff on the bottom. It is a question of logic: the boxes and the heaviest objects, always place them in the lower part, since it will be easier for you to move them.
- Put what you use most within reach. When it comes to storing everything, you must take into account the frequency of use of the different objects. Leave the things that you may need often more close at hand, while the objects that you hardly use, you should reserve them for the highest areas, or the least accessible.
- Protect your objects. If you want your objects to be perfect when you need them again, you must protect them properly. For example, if you store fragile household or glass objects, you must provide them with packaging such as bubble wrap (19.95 euros) to prevent them from breaking.
packer PRO Bubble Wrap Plastic Roll, 50cm Width and 100m Length
- The clothes, in special covers. If you are going to store clothes in the storage room, you must store them properly to prevent dust, moisture, or moths from eating the clothes. It is best to store them in boxes, in closed covers or in vacuum storage bags (22.94 euros). You can also place anti-moth cubes to keep them at bay (2.69 euros).
SONGMICS 15 Units of Vacuum Storage Bags, Improved Valve, Reinforced Airtightness, 50 x 60cm (5 units) + 60 x 80 cm (6 units) + 80 x 100cm (4 units), for Clothes Quilts, Pillows, Blankets, Curtains , Sheets RVM15T
Bonodor Moth Control Cubes Lavender, 20 Units
- Clean regularly. In addition to keeping your objects tidy, you should also clean regularly to prevent dust or moisture from keeping your belongings. So at least do one cleaning a year (especially when spring arrives).
More information | Storemore
In Decosphere | 5 shower shelves that will help you keep it nice and tidy (and no drilling required)
Some of the links in this article are affiliated and may bring a benefit to Decoesfera