If you often wonder how much television kids can watch, here is a guide to put this appliance to good use.
There is no doubt that television is an important part of the lives of many families; However, experts recommend that television hours should not be abused, especially in the case of children, since it encourages isolation and a sedentary lifestyle.
For this reason, specialists recommend that children under the age of two do not watch television and that those older than this age do not do so for more than two hours a day.
It is clear that watching television is not bad, and that if we put it to good use, it can be a very useful educational tool for children. Here are some recommendations for using television more responsibly.
1. Avoid having the television on all the time. Turn it on when you go to watch your favorite show and at the end of it, turn it off.
2. Do not use it as an evasion or entertainment resource, or as a babysitter.
3. Avoid placing a television in the children’s room.
4. Do not stop doing other activities to watch television.
5. Help your children find different ways to have fun, remind them that there are more things to do than watch TV.
6. Avoid watching trash and violent programs.
7. It is customary for children to ask permission to turn on the TV.
8. When it’s lunchtime, don’t turn on the TV. It is the ideal time to share with the family how it was in the day or just talk about anything.
9. Use television as a shared activity that can lead to games, explanations, songs? If you see it together you can talk about it and the experience will be more enriching. For example, in a violent scene, we can express our disagreement.
10. Make sure that TV does not take your child’s sleep away.