the season of The House of the Dragon is nearing its end and doing so at its best, with two episodes in a row at a very high level. That is why today we bring you our summary of The House of the Dragon 1×09, which has left the situation in style for the final chapter of the first season of the HBO Max series. If you have missed any key event or if you want to refresh the events for the next episode, don’t worry, today we will tell you everything you need to know about the latest installment of The House of the Dragon, The Green Council.
- King Vyseris the Peaceful is dead, and Alicent is quick to convey to the council his misunderstood last words: that Prince Aegon be his successor and not his daughter Rhaenyra, as he had always maintained. Although some express their doubts about those last words, only Lyman Beesbury dares to express conclusively that it is an invention of Alicent and that Vyseris would never have dethroned his beloved daughter Rhaenyra. Criston Cole takes justice into his own hands and kills Lyman by hitting his head against the table.
- The mandate is clear. No one leaves the palace until it is decided how to proceed. With Aegon already decided as the next king, Otto believes that Rhaenyra and his family must be assassinated to prevent a war. Alicent is against it and prefers to offer him terms that she can offer without too much humiliation.
- Alicent wants Aegon’s coronation as soon as possible, but Aegon has disappeared somewhere in King’s Landing. Otto sends his protector to look for him, while Alicnt sends his second son, Aemond, and Criston himself. They go through brothels and all kinds of immoral places, but the definitive clue is that of the White Worm, Mysaria, Daemon’s former lover, and current spy with contacts inside the palace. Aegon was hiding because he doesn’t want to be king, something his brother wants.
- Meanwhile, the palace imprisons and murders those nobles who oppose Aegon’s coronation or attempt to flee to alert Rhaenyra of what is happening. Princess Rhaenys is also held in her chambers. She talks to Alicent and expresses her discomfort at having once again succumbed to the power of men.
- An ally manages to escape Rhaenys, who does not want to leave without her dragon. The mob of people forced to attend Aegon’s coronation drags her to the cathedral. Rhaenys slinks away again, and with Aegon crowned the new king (already convinced of his task), Rhaenys’s dragon streaks across the cathedral floor, taking hundreds of people with it. It is then that Rhaenys has the entire Hightower family and the Targaryen descendants within range of Dracarys, but he decides to spare their lives and leave on the back of his dragon. End the episode.
The most emotional moment of The House of the Dragon was improvised
Remember that it will be next week, at dawn from Sunday to Monday, October 24 at 3:00 a.m. (Spanish peninsular time) when we can see the tenth and last episode of the first season of The House of the Dragon with the resolution of a batch of chapter that points to an imminent war.