In the following Depor note, you will know the requirements, the calendar and how much the payment increased for this season. The government of USA granted as a benefit, during the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, the delivery of Social Security checks, quickly becoming the most successful subsidy in recent years. For this 2023, in North America this benefit will continue to be distributed since the basic basket continues to increase, so this money helps to cover this type of expense.
It should be noted that Social Security Checks are sent by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and consist of paying more than $1,800, especially aimed at retired workers, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries, and other disability beneficiaries. or survivors.
IRS Tax Refund 2023: Return Steps and Send Dates
How much did the payments increase and who receives it?
With the 8.7% COLA increase, retiree payments will increase by about $146. According to the SSA, average payments during January of this year were $1,827. On the other hand, average payments for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients will increase to about $656.
- Now, the average Social Security check will be $1,827 for retired workers, which is an increase of $146 from the average check in 2022.
- Couples in which both spouses receive Social Security benefits will receive, on average, a check for $2,972.
- A widower with two children will receive, on average, a check of $3,520.
- A widower will only receive, on average, a check for $1,704.
- A disabled worker with his partner and a child will receive, on average, a check of $2,616.
- Disabled workers will receive, on average, a check for $1,483.
- In the case of Supplemental Social Security (SSI), the standard check will be $914 for individuals and $1,371 for couples.
Check mailing schedule
It should be noted that SSI recipients receive their payments on the first day of each month. On the other hand, those who began receiving their Social Security payments before May 1997, receive their benefits on the 3rd of each month.
Meanwhile, the rest of the Social Security checks are sent based on the recipient’s birthday.
- On the second Wednesday of the month, the payments of retirees with a date of birth between the 1st and 10th are sent.
- The third Wednesday of the month the money is sent for beneficiaries born between the 11th and 20th.
- On the fourth Wednesday of each month, payments are sent for those born between the 21st and 31st.