The new SEAT Ibiza 2022 is already on sale in Spain. SEAT’s iconic utility vehicle launches its range with important new features. Among them, the withdrawal of the Xcellence trim level is striking. The commercial offer has been adapted so that the vast majority of versions continue to be exempt from registration tax.
SEAT has made important changes to the range of its iconic B-segment utility vehicle. The SEAT Ibiza is ready to face 2022. And it is that the commercial offer has been adapted with the aim of maintaining a whole series of versions in the portfolio that continue to be exempt of registration tax. We must remember that, since last January 1, the new tax brackets are in force.
The Ibiza 2022 range already has prices and is available at Spanish dealers. In addition to making adjustments to the trim equipment, one of the most prominent trims that had been accompanying the SEAT model in recent years has been removed.
The range and equipment of the new SEAT Ibiza 2022
Those interested in getting hold of the Ibiza now have at their disposal a range structured in three trim levels. It is possible to choose between the Reference, Style and FR versions. The Spanish brand has simplified the offer and it is obvious that the Xcellence finish has been withdrawn. We list below the highlights of standard equipment:
Equipment SEAT Ibiza Reference
- Eco LED Headlights
- Unintentional Lane Change Assist
- Automatic city braking assistant
- fatigue detector
- Hill Start Assist
- tire pressure sensor
- Speed limiter
- Multiple airbags (front, side and curtain)
- Radio Media System Color with 8.25-inch touch screen
- USB Type-C connection
- Automatic lighting of lights
- Electrically adjustable and folding outside rearview mirrors
- Air conditioning
- 15-inch steel wheels
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Adjustable driver’s seat height
Equipment SEAT Ibiza Style (adds)
- Full-LED headlights
- LED taillights
- Cruise control
- Fog lights with cornering function
- Wireless Full Link
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel and gear shift knob
Equipment SEAT Ibiza FR (adds)
- SEAT Drive Profile
- Specific suspension FR
- Dual zone automatic climate control
- Interior rearview mirror with anti-dazzle function
- Headlights with Coming & Leaving Home function
- Automatic lighting and rain sensor
- rear parking sensors
- Storage behind front seats
- Front center armrest
- 16-inch alloy wheels (for 110 hp 1.0 TSI engine)
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- FR outer package
- FR multifunction steering wheel in Nappa leather
- ambient lighting system
- Height adjustable front seats
- Storage bags on the backrests of the front seats
Also available is optional Plus equipment package for each of these trim levels. They allow to expand the provision indicated previously:
- ReferencePlus. Cruise control, fatigue detector, rear parking sensors, fog lights, rear electric windows, 1/3, 2/3 folding rear seats.
- StylePlus. Dual-zone automatic climate control, electrically folding and heated exterior rear-view mirrors, Coming & Leaving Home function, automatic lighting, rain sensor, rear electric windows and interior rear-view mirror with anti-dazzle function.
- RF Plus. Navigation system with 9.2-inch touch screen, SEAT Connect with Full Link wireless, front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera, illuminated air vents, digital instrument panel with 10.25-inch screen, darkened rear windows, lane keeping system, traffic jam assistant, low/high beam assistant, collision control with emergency braking, traffic sign recognition, wireless charger for compatible mobile phones, keyless access and starting system.
- FR Plus CNG. Navigation system with 9.2-inch touch screen, SEAT Connect with Full Link wireless, wireless charger for compatible mobile phones, front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera, illuminated air vents, darkened rear windows and access and start system without key.
The engines of the new SEAT Ibiza 2022
With regard to the mechanical section, gasoline engines are the protagonist. The access step is fixed by a 1.0 liter MPI engine with 80 hp associated with a five-speed manual gearbox. One step above is a 1.0 TSI 110 hp engine with a six-speed manual transmission and, as a more efficient alternative, we have a 150 hp 1.5 TSI engine available exclusively with a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Prices of the SEAT Ibiza 2022 in Spain
Prices valid from January / 2022 without including discounts or other promotions
The SEAT Ibiza TGI will continue to be available, so you can opt for a block 1.0 TGI 90 hp and a six-speed manual transmission. This engine with bifuel technology is adapted to the use of CNG (Compressed Natural Gas). Therefore, it sports the ECO environmental label of the DGT (General Directorate of Traffic) with all the mobility advantages that this entails.