After the historic comeback against the Spanish Roberto Bautista, Juan Pablo Varillas will face the Polish Hubert Hurkacz for the third round of Roland Garros. This is the most important achievement of a Peruvian tennis player in a Grand Slam after 17 years, obtained at that time by the historic Lucho Horna.
Hurkacz, who is located no less than 14th in the ATP ranking and is one position above Rafael Nadal (15th ATP position), comes into the match after defeating the Dutchman Tallon Griekspoor, in a duel that lasted five sets. For his part, our compatriot started on the right foot in the French Open and managed to qualify for the second round, after defeating the Chinese Shang Juncheng.
According to the estimates of Betsson, the pioneering online betting house, Hubert Hurkacz will take to the clay court as a favorite, assigning him a 70% chance of winning the match and paying odds of 1.38. For his part, Juan Pablo Varillas has a 30% chance of beating his rival, and if that result occurs, Betsson pays 3.10 times the stake.