The article has been checked for accuracy (content includes links to reputable media sites, academic research institutions, and occasionally medical studies). All content on our website has been reviewed, however, if you believe our content is inaccurate, out of date or otherwise questionable, you may contact us to make the necessary corrections.
We will show you how to make “Ratatouille” at home, a French recipe with vegetables that provides high-quality antioxidants to the recipe.
The ratatouille It is a dish of French origin that provides a large amount of vitamins and antioxidants. It is made from vegetables and its recipe is very simple. We are going to explain it to you in great detail so that you can prepare it at home and thus enjoy its excellent organoleptic and nutritional characteristics. In a few minutes, you will have it ready.
Before starting, it should be noted that most nutrition experts recommend the regular inclusion of plant-based foods in the guideline. These concentrate inside many quality compounds that are associated with better health. At least, it would be necessary to ensure the consumption of 3 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
Ingredients for the ratatouille
If you want to prepare an exquisite ratatouilleYou must have the following ingredients:
- 3 tomatoes.
- 1 green pepper.
- 1 eggplant.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 white onion.
- 1 red pepper.
- powdered pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 bay leaves.
Step by Step
- Peel the garlic and onion, and then chop them into very thin slices.
- Next, wash the tomatoes and fillet them.
- Cut, also, the peppers, the aubergine and the courgettes in thin slices.
- Once the vegetables are ready, heat extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When ready, sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- After the time, remove the pot from the heat. Reserve the garlic and onion.
- In another pan, heat oil to start cooking the vegetables individually. First, the aubergines, seasoning them to give them flavour. Once they are ready, put them in the pot with the onion and garlic.
- Next, cook the peppers in the skillet. Finally, the courgettes and tomatoes.
- Next, mix the vegetables in the pot and add the bay leaf, thyme and rosemary.
- Heat this preparation over medium heat and cook it for 10 more minutes.
- After the time, correct salt and serve. It is possible to consume cold, although it is enjoyed more freshly made.
Benefits of ratatouille
The inclusion of the ratatouille In the context of a balanced and varied diet, it has a number of health benefits. This is because it is a preparation that concentrates a significant amount of phytochemicals with antioxidant capacity.
These elements manage to neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. said effect have demonstrated help prevent complex pathologies.
On the other hand, vegetables are a source of vitamin C, a substance that performs many different functions within the human body. Among them, its involvement within the immune system stands out. According to a study published in Nutrients, maintaining the levels of this vitamin in adequate ranges reduces the incidence of infectious diseases.
Also, it should be noted that the ratatouille It is a source of fiber. It is an element that cannot be digested by the intestine, but can ferment inside the tube. exist evidence that its regular consumption improves intestinal health and also generates a benefit in the microbiota. In fact, it manages to increase the density of the microorganisms that inhabit the tube.
However, most diets are lacking in fiber. It is advisable to reach a daily consumption of about 25 grams of this substance, although it is often not achieved. Increasing the presence of vegetables in the guideline will help cover the daily requirements. Thus, the functioning of the internal environment is improved and the levels of inflammation are regulated.
Make ratatouille at home
As you have seen, prepare ratatouille at home it is very easy. It is one of the most representative dishes of French cuisine, capable of providing a large amount of high quality nutrients. It can be served alone or as an accompaniment to meat and fish, thus improving the supply of antioxidants and vitamins. This is a highly recommended recipe.
Finally, remember that when it comes to improving your health, it’s not just enough to take care of your diet. It will be key to promote a series of habits together. It will be necessary to perform physical activity on a regular basis and pay special attention to strength work. In this way, the maintenance of homeostasis in the internal environment and a good hormonal production are ensured.
You might be interested…