It’s the release of the year for Sony. He PlayStation VR2 (PSVR 2) It is the next great virtual reality device that will reach the video game industry and that promises to mark a before and after in this sector of the market.
Nextwe will tell you everything you need to know about the VR headset, its release date, its specifications, its price and much more..
The next virtual reality device from the Sony video game brand will hit stores on February 22 worldwide.
Among its main features, the PS VR 2 support haptic feedback, eye tracking, 4K HDR, 90/120Hz frame rates, fove rendering, and a 110-degree field of view, and connect to the PS5 with a single USB-C cable.
It also highlights the OLED screen with a resolution of 2000 x 2040 per panel, one in each eye. They will support 90Hz and 120Hz, with a field of view of approximately 110 degrees.
Here are the rest of the specs:
- Display method: OLED.
- Panel resolution: 2000 x 2040 per eye.
- Panel refresh rate: 90Hz, 120Hz.
- Lens separation: Adjustable.
- Field of View: Approx. 110 degrees.
- Sensors: Motion Sensor: 6-axis motion detection system sensor mount (3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer), IR proximity sensor.
- Cameras: Four headset cameras and infrared camera tracking control for eye tracking by eye.
- Feedback: Vibration in the headset.
- Communication with PS5: USB Type-C.
- Audio: Input: built-in microphone Output: stereo headphone jack.
- Compatibility with PS5 only.
What’s included in the PSVR 2 box?
In accordance with bio bio, the box has two alternatives: the original includes a PSVR 2 headset, a PSVR 2 Sense controller, stereo headphones with extra ear cushions, and a USB cable. They will also be releasing a Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle, which includes exactly the same things as the original bundle but also a PlayStation Store coupon code for the game.
Other compatible video games
During CES 2023, the most important technology fair of the year, the Japanese company confirmed that, for the launch of PSVR 2, we will have Gran Turismo 7 and Beat Saber, in addition to the delivery of Horizon.
Hideaki Nishino, SVP of PlayStation Platform Experience confirmed that PSVR 1 video games will not be compatible with the expected PSVR 2.
Also, it is known that the VR version of Resident Evil Village will be free to anyone who already owns the game and who No Man’s Sky you’re getting a free PSVR 2 reboot for anyone who’s already bought the original game.