The 2023 calendar in Colombia is already available and here we will show you what are the holidaysholidays and bridge days that will be in the Colombian country so that they can be used in a mini-vacation or breaks. Within the official calendar of the year, you will find the famous bridge days, which is a “long weekend” in which some people can take the opportunity to escape from the city.
In 2023, some holidays will remain on their original date, but others will be moved to Monday according to the regulations. According to the calendar, a total of 13 holidays will fall on a Monday. It is important to note that there will be two months without official holidays: February and September. The largest number of holidays will be concentrated in April during Holy Week.
How many bridges will there be in 2023?
Only the months of February and September do not have official holidays. The largest number of holidays are concentrated in April, when Holy Week is celebrated. That will be one of the most important bridges in 2023. But it will not be the only one. In July there will also be days off for many citizens.
Holidays and public holidays in Colombia
- Sunday January 1: New Year
- Monday January 9: Three Kings Day
- Monday March 20: St. Joseph’s Day
- Sunday April 2: Palm Sunday
- Thursday April 6: Holy Thursday
- Friday April 7: Holy Friday
- Sunday April 9: Easter Sunday
- Monday May 1: Workday
- Monday May 22: ascension day
- Monday June 12: Corpus Christi
- Monday June 19: Sacred heart
- Monday July 3: Saint Peter and Saint Paul
- Thursday July 20: Independence Day
- Monday August 7: Boyaca’s battle
- Monday August 21: the assumption of the virgin
- Monday October 16: Day of race
- Monday, November 6: All Saints
- Monday November 13: Independence of Cartagena
- Friday December 8: Immaculate Conception’s Day
- Monday December 25: Christmas day
What to do if you work on holidays?
Law 51 of 1983 establishes that all workers in the public and private sectors will have the right to “paid rest” on official holidays. According to the Substantive Labor Code, in article 179, workers have the obligation to receive an extra 75% payment for holidays and Sundays worked.
Recommendations for holidays
In case of taking a trip with family or friends, it is important that you schedule which site you will visit to find accommodation and good options. Remember to be patient because many people usually travel on these dates. Although the citizens go abroad, you can also take advantage of the magic of the towns of Colombia.