Novak Djokovic, who could lose his position as No. 1 in the world in the event of premature elimination in Rome, he amply kept it after his display in the final against Tsitsipas.
The Top 10 experienced another change: the Norwegian Casper Ruud, semi-finalist in Rome, won two places to rise from 10th to 8th place in the world hierarchy.
That tenth place is now in the hands of the Italian Mario Berrettini: operated at the end of March on his right hand, the Italian, down for Roland Garros, which begins on Sunday, is about to leave a Top 10 from which he has not moved since which entered it on October 28, 2019.
Top 10 of the ATP ranking this Monday, after the Rome Masters 1000:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 8,660 points
2. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 7,990
3. Alexander Zverev (GER) 7,200
4. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 6,170 (+1)
5. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 5,525 (-1)
6. Carlos Alcaraz (ESP) 4,770
7. Andrey Rublev (RUS) 3,945
8. Casper Ruud (NOR) 3,940 (+2)
9. Felix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 3,850
10. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 3,805 (-2)