The MSI Afterburner application can be very useful for proper monitoring of temperatures and other aspects of our computer. In any case, it is not without its problems. If you have the common problem of MSI Afterburner not showing CPU temperature read carefully.
Computers are very complex pieces of technology, in fact, some people do not even know the components they have, so it is essential first that you know what processor you have, how many cores it has and so on with the rest of the pieces.
The application that we will talk about today is one of the most important for its function, in case you have problems with it, or if you want to install it and configure it properly from scratch, read the information we have prepared carefully.
What is MSI Afterburner?
MSI Afterburner is a monitoring software designed to evaluate the consumption of our equipment when we are playing. Using this tool it is possible to see the percentage of use of the CPU, graphics card, or RAM memory.
In the same way, we can also monitor issues such as temperature, something especially useful in the event that we overclock or if we simply want to evaluate the health of our equipment. Regarding the aforementioned, if you have questions regarding what Overclocking is and what it is for, you can inform yourself with the guide provided.
The truth is that we recommend anyone who constantly plays to use MSI Afterburner since they can properly configure their games so that the consumption of the components is the most appropriate.
In the same way, you can evaluate essential aspects such as temperature, something that everyone with a computer should take into account when using it. And if you have problems in relation to the application, read the following information carefully.
MSI Afterburner does not show CPU temperature SOLUTION
Surely the problem with MSI Afterburner does not show the temperature of your CPU, it is due to a configuration problem, so we will teach you from the beginning the proper process to install and configure MSI Afterburner.
Download the app
- The first step to have MSI Afterburner properly installed on your computer is to download it. You can download it through its official page, which you can access through the following link MSI AFTERBURNER.
- To download the utility, you will have to go almost to the bottom of the page. You will find the MSI Afterburner logo three times since the application has the basic options for the computer, but at the same time, it is also present within Android and for servers.
- In our case, all you have to do is press the Download button, located below the MSI Afterburner icon.
- The program weighs approximately 50 MB, so the download will be quite fast.
Install the app
- The application installation process is normal, that is, it is the same as with any other program.
- The first thing you should do is unzip the folder that was previously downloaded. Now run the MSI Afterburner Setup.
- Select the installation language, in our case, it would be Spanish and click on next.
- Conclude the installation as normal by enabling all the options that appear and at the end click on Install.
- When the process is complete, it is time to configure the application.
Setting up MSI Afterburner
- Open the application normally through the link created on the desktop or in the start menu.
- Press on the configuration options, which you will access through the classic gear destined for this function.
- Head over to the Monitoring tab.
- Then find all the options that you want to be displayed on the screen and enable them. To activate them properly, just select each one of them and choose the option Show information on screen.
- You will notice that each option has been enabled correctly because it will be marked in properties with the OSD description.
- Once you have finished with the process, it is a matter of clicking on OK.
Through this procedure, all the information that you enabled should appear, including the CPU temperature, an aspect that you should be very aware of, evaluating the processor model you have, on the other hand, if you see that the temperatures are very high, you should consider applying to paste thermal.
If you have doubts in relation to what we pointed out before, you can visit this guide in which you will learn what thermal paste is, what it is for and what its functions are, since it is an essential element to keep our computer in good condition.
Finally, in relation to the application, many times it is necessary in addition to running MSI Afterburner, to have RivaTuner open, a program that is installed by default with our application. Keep the latter in mind, as it is a common reason that the program does not run properly.