Microsoft Office is one of the best-known tools of the Microsoft company, through it you can carry out different jobs on very different documents. Fortunately, in recent years new options have been created as an online version. Today you will learn How to use or use Microsoft Office correctly for free online.
If you want to access the new version of Office, carefully read our tutorial, through which you can use different Microsoft office tools over the Internet. This could be very useful in different circumstances and fortunately, the process is very simple.
Related to this, if you want to further extend the information that we will discuss below, you should know everything about installing Microsoft Office online in Windows 10 for free, taking better advantage of this great Microsoft utility.
Microsoft office and its online version
Microsoft office is one of the most important suites within the Windows platform and many other operating systems. It presents us with a set of office automation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Excel.
For many years now, Microsoft has had the upper hand when it comes to these types of tools, at least in the paid sector and it is for this reason that everyone knows them.
Microsoft office online version
With the recent emergence of different tools in the cloud, Microsoft has also gotten into this play. It is for this reason that they created the Microsoft office Online tool, through which you can create and edit documents through your browser.
This is an especially useful option since you can access the popular Microsoft Office tools without having the application installed on your computer. Today you will learn how to use this popular tool for free and effectively.
How to use Microsoft office for free
The first thing you should do is register within Microsoft because only with an account on the platform is that you can use the online version of this software. You can register as follows:
- To use Office online it is necessary to have a Microsoft Outlook account, in case you do not have one you will have to create it, to do so go to the following Outlook page.
- To register, click on the option Create a free account.
- The first thing the system requires is to create a new email, here you must put the address with which you feel most comfortable, once you have done this, click on the Next option.
- You will then be asked to provide a password, try to create a secure password that you can easily remember.
- After this, you must provide personal information such as your name, date of birth or telephone number.
- Once you have provided all the information that Microsoft requires, proceed to finish creating your account.
- Remember your details, as you will need them to use Microsoft Office Online.
Use Microsoft office online for free
- To access the functions that Microsoft offers online, you must go to the following link Office Online.
- Once you are in this place, click on the Login option.
- Then provide your Microsoft Outlook account details.
- When you have logged in, you will notice that multiple options appear on the screen, among which we highlight Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and many others that you can access online.
- The operation is very simple, select the tool you want to work with, for example, Microsoft Word and click on it.
To create a new Microsoft Word document, click on New blank document.
As you will see, the screen of the online version of Word is quite similar to the desktop and the operation is the same. The main difference is that the documents will be saved in OneDrive, although this can be an advantage as you will have your documents backed up in the cloud.
The advantages of having a free version of Office Online are remarkable since you can access a basic version of this office suite from anywhere. In any case, if you are looking for a free alternative, it is best to download and install LibreOffice for any operating system, a desktop application that will also do the job.