The Redmond giant shows us one more week the news of Microsoft Edge Dev. A frequent way to know what happens better in Microsoft Edge and is more stable than the Canary version. We return with the weekly update and we have new features available that we will tell you below.
Why, hello there, Insiders! Dev channel update to version 89.0.774.4 is going live now. To see what's new and changed this week, check out Josh's summary post on our Insider forums: https://t.co/u7ArMf0HLT pic.twitter.com/dfzodzHpSN
— Microsoft Edge Dev (@MSEdgeDev) January 27, 2021
Microsoft Edge Dev is updated to version 89.0.774.4
Added features in Edge
- An option has been added to add the current page to a collection when right-clicking on that collection in the collection list.
- Improved the performance of Read Out Loud in PDF files.
- Fixed a crash when closing Edge.
- Solved a crash on Mac when closing notification that Edge is updating.
- Fixed a crash when navigating back and forth in an IE mode tab.
- Removed a crash for vertical tab users when closing the browser.
- Fixed a crash when right-clicking.
- Amended a crash when automatically filling in payment information on a web page.
- Completed the issue that caused unsaved annotations in a PDF to not be recovered when the Edge session is restored after a crash or unexpected shutdown.
- Fixed a bug that caused Read Aloud to not work.
- Found a bug that caused the automatic filling of the form to sometimes fill in fields that it shouldn’t.
- Located the error that caused the Immersive Reader sometimes not to read all the content it should.
- Found the issue causing scrolling the vertical tab panel with a touch screen to sometimes not work.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain settings to look like they have been edited while disabled, but edits are not remembered.
- Fixed an issue that caused downloading a file from a website installed as an application to not indicate that the download has started or completed.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain websites, when installed as applications, to display the window color and certain user interface in the website’s custom color when they shouldn’t.
- Completed an error that caused the Shopping icon to announce that it had coupons available, but when the flyout is opened, it says there are none.
Known bugs for this build
- Copying the URL of certain websites like Youtube is blocking the browser for some Canary and Dev users. They are working to make sure this is fixed before it hits beta.
- Certain extensions, such as the Microsoft Editor extension, do not work on Linux. As soon as they are installed, they are locked and disabled. We are investigating.
- Users of certain ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube. As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to continue.
- Some users still have an issue where all tabs and extensions crash immediately with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error. The most common cause of this error is outdated antivirus or security software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have the associated extension installed can sometimes see web pages such as Gmail not loading. This error is due to the main Kaspersky software being outdated, so it is fixed by making sure the latest version is installed.
- Some users are seeing bookmarks doubling after some previous fixes were made in that area. The most common way to trigger this is by installing Edge’s stable channel and then signing in with an account that is already signed in to Edge.
- Some users are seeing “wobbling” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touch screens. Here scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other. Note that this only affects certain websites and appears to be worse on certain devices. This is probably related to the work in progress to bring the offset back to parity with Edge Legacy behavior. So if this behavior is not desirable, we can temporarily disable it. Disabling the edge flag://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling