In great news for the entire competitive PUBG scene, KRAFTON, Inc., developer of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, announced that the last PUBG Continental Series (PCS) event of the year, PCS7 Americas, has kicked off with the Open Qualifier phase.
Something that seems quite striking to us is that the event has teams from North America and Latin America (LATAM) competing for a purse of USD $250,000. As in the previous edition, PCS6, this event will be divided into four phases:
Read more: 6 benefits of Nissan e-POWER technology and how…
Open Qualifiers (until August 17), Regional Playoffs (August 19 and 21), Last Chance Qualifiers (August 27 and 28), and the Grand Final. Below you can see the details of each of the phases and how the competition ranking system will work:
Open Qualifier (August 10-17)
- The Open Qualifier will be held separately in each sub-region (NA and LATAM), with a maximum of 160 teams in each pool.
- There will be three rounds in total and each round will last for 2 days with 6 games per day (or 12 games per round).
- The top 8 teams from each sub-region will advance to their respective Regional Playoffs.
Regional Playoffs (August 18-20)
- The Regional Playoffs will be held separately for each sub-region (NA and LATAM).
- With a total prize pool of USD $25,000 for each sub-region, the Regional Qualifier will bring together the 8 teams that qualified in the Open Qualifier to compete against 16 teams that were invited based on their performances in Phase 2 of ESL PUBG Masters Americas 2022.
- The 24 teams in this phase will be divided into 3 groups of 8. Each group will face the others in a scheme of 6 matches per day.
- Teams will be on a SUPER Points Rule cumulative leaderboard. The top 6 teams from each Regional Playoff will advance directly to the PCS7 Americas Grand Final. The next 8 highest ranked teams (7th to 14th) from each sub-region will be grouped together to compete in the Last Chance Qualifier. The 10 worst teams from each region will be eliminated.
Last Chance Qualifying (August 27 and 28)
- The Last Chance Qualifier will be held over 2 days with 6 matches each, selecting the top 4 teams based on the SUPER points system for the Grand Final. In this phase, a prize of USD $20,000 will also be awarded.
Grand Final (September 16 to 25)
- The PCS7 Grand Final will award USD $250,000 in prizes. Information regarding the final phase of the competition will be announced in the coming weeks.