He Colombian President Gustavo Petro has confirmed the creation of the 500 thousand pesos Bond as a replacement for the Solidarity incomewhich was granted for the first time throughout the country in December 2022. This new subsidy is part of the Shock Plan against Hunger implemented by the Colombian government, and an additional transfer has been carried out to carry it out. Due to the uncertainty of many citizens about the eligibility and payment dates of this subsidy, in this note we provide you with answers to some frequently asked questions.
At the beginning of December, the payment of the 500 thousand pesos Bonus began, which seeks to promote food self-sufficiency. Cielo Rusinque, director of Social Prosperity, said that “Pedagogy on the nutritional basket of the regions, affordable recipes, and community pots, which strengthen the social fabric, and peasant markets and service fairs”
Can the Bonus of 500 thousand pesos still be collected?
The Government of Colombia, led by Gustavo Petro, has not ruled on the payment of the new 500,000-peso bond in January 2023, and the last payment date was December 31, 2022, however , it is expected that the official announcement on the delivery of the new economic benefit for the most vulnerable households in the country so that they can face the economic crisis.
500 thousand pesos bonus: who received?
According to the Department of Social Prosperity, the beneficiaries that access this subsidy are families that are in poverty and extreme poverty, mostly headed by women.
- Head of household mothers who have children under 6 years of age.
- Beneficiaries of Solidarity Income who belong to group A of Sisbén IV.
- New beneficiary households of the Solidarity Income that have not received any aid.
- Beneficiaries of ‘Jóvenes en Acción’ who are mothers with daughters under 6 years of age who meet the program’s requirements (there is space for 6,500 people).
Sisbén IV: how to know my score?
In order to check if you are a beneficiary of the Solidarity income You must be registered with SISBÉN, which together with the National Planning Department (DNP) created updated information on households that need support. This is the first filter to identify the most vulnerable families that can receive this State subsidy.
To check if you are a beneficiary of the Solidarity Income and find out what is the score that corresponds to you, you must follow the following steps:
- Enter the page: www.sisben.gov.co (https://www.sisben.gov.co/Paginas/consulta-tu-grupo.aspx).
- Select the type of document – Enter the identification number.
- Click Consult.