Apple could be in trouble if a project takes place in India, which seeks to develop its own operating system. This is what we know.
A proposal sent by the Minister of Electronics and IT States, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, seeks to promote the development of its local operating system to compete with iOS and Android, a fact that would represent a blow to the apple company.
If we talk about technological advances, Apple, among others, is one of the companies that are at the top and its presence in the market speaks for itself.
Its success translates, among other things, into strong consumer loyalty, the constant opening of new stores (Apple Store) and unprecedented revenue growth, from $8 billion in 2004 to more than $274 billion. million of 2020.
Of course, its best-selling product to date is the iPhone. According to data from Statista, the company founded by Steve Jobs in Los Altos, California, in the year 1976, in the first fiscal quarter of 2021, the company earned approximately 65.6 billion dollars from the sale of iPhones nationwide. worldwide, that is, around 39 billion more than in the fourth quarter of 2020.
Currently, in the market, its operating system, iOS, is one of those that dominate the market, this together with Android, from Google. According to information from technology consultancy IDC, Android devices accounted for just over 84% of units shipped in 2020, with Apple iOS almost the remaining 16%.
All these figures, however, seem to have echoed in India, where they are looking to develop a local operating system, capable of competing with the two giants that currently dominate the scene.
It should be noted that in that country, Apple has a significant presence, where the number of devices manufactured and sold has up to 70 percent.
Taking these latest data into account, everything indicates that, in the event that the project of the State Minister for Electronics and IT, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, is carried out, which is aligned with the initiative of the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, through the which seek to have leaders in different industries.
The idea is to strengthen the technology industry in the region with the creation of electronic products with which it is intended to generate around 300 billion dollars by the year 2026.
As if this were not enough, the country expects to reach approximately 120 billion dollars in product exports alone.