Last June, slightly more than 2.3 million international tourists arrived in Spain, marking the best record since the beginning of the pandemic, surpassing the activity registered in July of last year, but even so, these are figures that They are 75.8% below those registered in June 2019, before the health crisis, when 8.8 million visitors were reached.

The data, made public by Turespaña, indicate that Germany was the main issuer of passengers in June, with 579,059 travelers, 24.8% of the total, who were chosen as a destination mainly to the Balearic Islands. It is followed by France, with 247,752 people (10.6% of the total) whose main destinations were Catalonia and the Community of Madrid. From Italy, 9% of the passengers arrived (209,177) who went mainly to the Balearic Islands and Madrid, while the Netherlands issued 7.6% of the total number of travelers (176,737), whose main destinations were the Balearic Islands, the Valencian Community and Andalusia . For the third month in a row, arrivals from all major sending countries increased. Comparing with the 2019 figures, Poland is the country showing the highest degree of recovery (-47.7%).

The data also confirm that the new measures to open up to tourism in June triggered arrivals from the United Kingdom, a main market for Spain, which since its effective departure from the European Union in early 2021 was practically inactive, basically due to restrictions on mobility. Last month, on the other hand, 156,341 passengers traveled to our country from British airports, 232% more than in May.

The preferred destinations

Regarding the destinations preferred by these international tourists, in June, the Balearic Islands were the first chosen community, with 28.4% of the share (664,013 passengers), followed by Madrid, with 21.3% (497,397), Catalonia (15.6% and 364,092 passengers), Andalusia (12.3% and 286,312), Comunidad Valenciana (11.4% and 266,596) and the Canary Islands, with 9.6%, 224,538 visits.

READ:  After a row, Boca Juniors players leave the Belo Horizonte police station

By airports, Palma de Mallorca was the one that received the highest volume of international passengers (508,122, 21.7% of the total), followed by Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas (497,394, 21.3%), Barcelona (349,755, 15 %) and Malaga, with 237,394 arrivals, 10.2%.

Finally, the data provided by Turespaña show that 53.1% of the passengers who flew to Spain from international airports did so on low-cost airlines, while the remaining 46.9% chose traditional airlines.

Resume

Qualification

In June we received 2.3 million tourists compared to 8.8 million in 2019

Description

Last June 2.3 million tourists arrived in Spain, the best record since the start of the pandemic. Even so, these are figures that are 75.8% below those registered in June 2019, before the health crisis, when 8.8 million visitors were reached.

Author

Gastronomy Journal

Leave a Reply