WhatsApp has been with us for a long time, proof of this is that almost everyone uses it as a messaging application by default, but sometimes you may want to talk to someone who is not from your country or does not speak the same language and we need translate messages, today we will show you how you can translate WhatsApp messages automatically.
It would be incredible if the function of automatically translating messages were available in WhatsApp just like it is in Zoom or in other apps, but for now, it is not there or will come in the near future. We have the solution, and it is as simple as using the Google keyboard, the Gboard.
The Google keyboard is one of the best keyboard applications that we can have on our Android mobile and it even has its own version for iPhone and I am sure that many users use it, even though the integrated iOS keyboard is really good.
Translate your messages with Gboard automatically
Next, we are going to explain a trick with which you can translate all the messages you want from WhatsApp so that you can communicate with people who have other languages as their native language, you just have to follow these simple steps:
- The first step will be to download and install the “Gboard” app from the Play Store or from the App Store.
- Once installed, we will have to configure it and set the Google keyboard as the default.
- Now we will have to go to WhatsApp and open the conversation with whom we want to speak and translate the messages.
- Then we will click on the text bar and the keyboard will appear.
- Now look for the three dots located at the top of the keyboard.
- Select “Translate”, a small Google Translate window will open on the keyboard itself.
- Now we just have to choose the source language and the language of the translation.
- Our translated message will automatically appear ready to be sent by WhatsApp.
The Google translator has many advantages and one of them is that sometimes it is not necessary to choose the source language, as there is an option that we can activate with which it can automatically detect the language in which we write.
- Download Gboard for Android
- Download Gboard for iOS
Now with this simple trick, you can have any conversation with whoever you want and translate the WhatsApp messages that you send and receive from any contact since Google Translate supports a huge number of languages.